Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Old Happy Place!!!

Back in Charlottesville this was my Happy Place!  I absolutely LOVED how Ivy Jane's room came out!  I wasn't planning on doing ANY sewing or crafty stuff due to the fact we moved home a month before having her, and yet somehow I did ALL of the stuff I said I wouldn't!  I made the pillows, the bumper pad (yes with bows that are custom made my yours truly from chiffon and then lace sewn on each side), the bedskirt - and I even ended up making the crib sheet since the one I ordered was only big enough for the bassinet! (oops - guess I was really bad this time with pregnancy brain!) I also made the tissue ball hangings and bow/clip/headband holder, and her name letters (which was one of my favorite things in the room!).  And I even reupholstered the rocking chair back before Cash was born so it is a piece by me too! Anyways, I enjoyed making ALL of it and maybe that is why I enjoyed going into the room before she was born and after when I wanted to rock her - because so much time and energy and LOVE went into it!  It just made me smile! (probably also because it was always clean and looked like this since she was still sleeping in our room when we left!)  Anyways, I loved it and I love her and can't believe it has been 2 months already since we had her!  Now I just have to re-create this and make a new happy place at our new home!  As of right now though hers is the only room not unpacked and set up yet!  It is also a lot bigger so I might have to get some more decor to make it look complete!  Pics of my new happy place to come soon....if I ever get one!  I miss Charlottesville and all our friends there so much right now.  It  has been a wonderful month being in Utah (pics of this to come soon to), and now that most the unpacking is done I am feeling a bit lonely and in need of making some new friends!  Thank heavens for Angie and Brighton and Chezy for coming over and making it a fun day for me and my boys!  They turned what was a very hard day into a happy one for us!
Enjoy the pics!




























1 comment:

Rachel Hagen said...

LOVE the nursery steph!! You did such a beautiful job. Love keeping up with you and your adorable family.
xoxo