Saturday, October 20, 2012

Grammy Saves the Day!!!

I never actually published this post, although I started it the day my mom left!
After realizing surgery and the recovery was going to be MUCH harder than I expected, my awesome mom flew in that very day on October 3, 2012 to help me out with the kids during the day!
She was a LIFESAVER!
Really, I could NOT have done it without her.
I am so grateful that she could come, that she was willing, that she even wanted to come, and for all the amazing help she was while here.
In fact, the day she flew out she woke up, did ALL the laundry, swept and mopped the floors, cooked me up soup for the rest of the week, cleaned the entire house, played with the kids, went on a walk with Cash, read to the boys, fixed them lunch and told me to just rest as much as possible, and held Ivy the whole time so I was just able to rest up!  It was amazing and we all were almost in tears as we had to say goodbye at the airport!  Sure wish she was closer ALL the time!  However, it makes the visits special and feels good to know she would come all that way for us!
We love you Grammy.....and once again didn't take enough pictures of you while you were here!

Upon arrival only 8 hours after me calling her and saying I needed my mom here ASAP!!! Ivy was up to greet her!

 Ivy LOVES her grammy!




She loves to snuggle!


 Grammy is the BEST cook and always lets the boys help her!




 She also fixes us the best lunches!  We love her!

Love you Grammy!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

It was a treat for me to come!!! Love those grandkids.....almost as much as I love their momma!!!!!!

Phyllis said...

And Chips is mighty fun to hang around, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!