Saturday, October 13, 2012

Surgery Scars, Style, and Sweet Tiny Toes!!!

I am NOT one to post pics of my belly - as in you will NEVER see a pregnant picture of just my belly with my shirt up, fully exposed and hanging out for all to look at.  Aside from the fact I don't like how my belly looks these days, with all my baby battlewounds (aka stretchmarks), loose skin, etc - yes I know - hard to believe how I could pass up posting this picture right?!  Also, my mom would be MORTIFIED so to spare her any embarrassment (as if she would be more embarrassed then me if I really posted a pic that incredible - or awful- lol) I will refrain.  So this is as close as it will ever get - and only actually for documentary purposes so I can remember for years to come --- here is a picture of one of my incisions on my right side - the biggest one of all 4 I had when having my gallbladder out this past week!  I had it taken out on October 2, 2012, and thought it was going to be super easy and I would be up and doing everything immediately after.  Boy was I wrong!  Just because it was laparoscopic does NOT mean it isn't a major surgery!  After all, they did take an organ OUT of my body!  An organ I have had my whole life and my body is used to, and now has to make adjustments and figure out how to do without.  Not that it can't do so, but it is an adjustment!  And one I wasn't prepared or ready for.  I know some of friends warned me about it not being as easy as I had anticipated - and to you guys you were absolutely right - but I just wasn't prepared.  THANK HEAVENS my mom was able to fly out the next day and help me.  I will say it takes a FULL week to feel better!  Days 4 & 5 being the worst!  The pain of the incisions wasn't bad - but for me it was the CO2 gas that they inflate your belly with during the surgery and that stays in your body after until your body gets rid of it naturally.  This caused me HORRIBLE back pain, sideaches, and just bloating and uncomfort!  To top the week off my little ones all had colds and I ended up with it and that made it worse, because coughing hurt, sneezing hurt, breathing for that matter hurt!  However, I am feeling much better, and the incisions are healing nicely - as you can see --- and hopefully won't leave more scars to add to the awesome decorations of my mid-section.  I had 2 incisions on my right side, 1 in the middle of my bellybutton, and 1 in the middle 2 inches below my chest.  They all are almost gone and it seems to have been a success!  I love not having to worry when I eat anything if I am going to have another episode!  And yes - once again I LOVE icecream!!!



I also have been wanting to try out a pair of colored skinnies - and so went out of my comfort zone and got a pair of purple (tarot) colored jeggings with polka dots.  When Chip walked in he said "what are you wearing?! I hope you didn't spend too much on those!"  I am not sure that was the response I was hoping for, but I actually like them and so will be sporting them around this season since apparently the patterned jeans are in......and probably will hear from my kids 10 years from now how crazy I was for doing this!  But I LOVE polka dots and they are my new favorite thing!

I also love polka dots on my cute little missy!  And since I hadn't done so yet (yes it took me far too long) I finally gave this little angel her first pedi!  She did great - and the sparkly/glittery purple looks so cute on her tiny toes!  I LOVE tiny toes!  She liked getting it done and as they were drying I blew on her toes and she giggled and giggled!  Glad she likes letting me dress her up all cute and snuggling with me!




3 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Glad you are finally feeling better and so sorry it was miserable for a while. :( That little scar doesn't look too bad and hopefully it will disappear all together. I like the pockadot pants but can totally see us looking back and thinking differently someday. But I say rock them because I like them now!! And cute little toes on Miss Ivy:)

merathon said...

i did warn you about the recovery, didn't i? :) i was hoping it wouldn't be as bad for you as it was for me, but sounds like it was. i had that CO2 gas pain in my shoulders and it was horrific. glad you are doing better now! i still look at my tiny little scars and think of those "great" memories!

Lisa said...

I am glad your surgery went well and that your Mom was there to take care of you. I had the same gas pain in my neck after one of my c-sections. It was not fun. I hope your recovery continues to go well. Love ya!