Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Day Finally Came....

Yesterday marked a huge moment in my life.  It finally happened.  The time I embarrassed my child at school.  I will say I knew this day would probably come, although it came sooner than expected, about something totally unexpected, and actually makes me laugh every time I think of it.

So yesterday Cash had pre-school.  When I dropped him off I was wearing my workout clothes, yes - I was STILL in them from the previous day after having sweated it out on Monday and then never getting the chance for a shower, too exhausted to care Monday night with Chip out of town and sick kids and so went to bed in my gross clothes, and then knowing I was working out as soon as I dropped him off I figured 'what the heck' and decided it really wasn't worth changing to ruin another pair - afterall that only makes more laundry for me right?  Anyhow, so off we went, and I tried to mask my stench with a little perfume on the sweatshirt, hair pulled back all greasy and gross, matted to my head pretty much from my prior sweat and bed head (nope I didn't even comb it), only pretended to mask it by putting on sunglasses, and off we went.  He was happy and said nothing of the sort.

I dropped him off, went and worked out with my friend Jenny, came home and hopped in a MUCH NEEDED shower and put on regular clothes - FINALLY!!!  However, once I got out of the shower and got dressed I realized it was already time to pick him up and so combed my wet hair, stuck my shades on, and set off to get him.  I thought I was good and actually felt so fresh and clean and smelling much better.  I walked into Cash's classroom and was watching them sing their goodbye song when it happened!

Cash looked over at me and our friend Katie (Reese's mom) and exclaimed (loudly, yes in front of the whole class) "Mom, what is up with your hair? Why does it look weird like that?"  Hmmmm, I thought - as my friend Katie said "it's just wet!"  Cash then looks at it, rolls his eyes super big and obvious and said "mom, you didn't even use a blow dryer did you?!"  Nope, son, sorry I didn't have time cuz I had to come get you...... Then, looking right at me he said "mom, you are embarrassing me so much!"
WHAT!!!!!??????

I thought for sure I was much more embarrassing earlier when I was all gross in my day old clothes - didn't know my hair could be so embarrasing and that being dressed in normal clothes and smelling good wasn't good enough for Cash! My friend was laughing so hard at this point that she could hardly contain herself, and so I just joined in too and got a good chuckle.  I am sorry son for being such an embarrassment to you with my clean wet hair.  I will try to pull it back next time.

On a side note my friend sent me these pics below from our ward luau on Saturday night and I told Cash that his faces are sort of crazy and maybe a little embarrassing to me!!! ;)  ok just kidding I love them! 

Happy Day!


1 comment:

Jeff Jardine said...

That's hilarious. I think we'll hold Jenny responsible that you didn't blow dry your hair sufficiently!