Tuesday, April 30, 2013

7 Down.....Eternity to Go!!!

7 years later.....WOW! Where did the time go?!  Seriously, I feel like we were just married and moving to NC on our first big adventure......and then I have this flood of thoughts and memories and ALL the things that have happened since then and it seems like a blur.  A crazy, vivid, can't believe that much time has gone by and can I please have a stop watch thing like Hermione did to freeze time now and get a few more hours in each day.  Life is crazy now, so much busier, so much more different, and yet the quote says it correctly: "the only thing you can expect from life is the unexpected!"  And with all of that and all of the highs and lows and moves and kids and jobs and trips etc I have had my very best friend by my side.  He is my support, my shoulder to cry on, the person who can make me laugh the most, my partner and teammate against our kids, my hero, my example, and my favorite person in this life.  He makes all the hard parts in life bearable and the great parts so much better!  Thank you honey for allowing me to make the best decision of my life and marry you 7 years ago.  I love you oceans and am glad I get to spend Eternity with you!  

This year for the first time we got away from ALL the kiddos and spent the night up in Santa Monica at the JW Marriott!  First we went to dinner at Joes and it was fabulous!  It was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint!  (although when they first brought out the appetizer of grilled asparagus and there was only 2 on the plate and we realized we just paid $10 for one piece of asparagus I was a little worried we might leave hungry....we didn't!)  It was actually fabulous food and even better to just have the two of us, and since we had an early reservation we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves too which was nice.  We then went up to the Santa Monica Pier and played like kids riding the rollercoasters and rides, eating icecream and churros, taking pictures in the photo booth, and walking around hand in hand.  Made us feel young and free!  I was SO excited to not wake up at all in the night and get to sleep in, but I guess I am just such a creature of habit I woke up a few times thinking I heard a kid and needing to go check on someone, and by 6:30 I was up for good.  I am SOOOOOO grateful that Emma was with the kids and they were all happy and had fun too and she kept telling me not to worry and just have fun.  It was such a needed getaway, and although short was just perfect!

Outside the hotel

At the restaurant, a little selfie of us!



In the morning I convinced Chip to run with me on the beach.  He was much faster but stayed with me the first few miles - at the end of it we walked to find some water and found instead some interesting creatures.  This guy was hilarious! He was walking around, dancing, moving all crazy, stretching, and just very odd with his ultra tan body, white bum, white hair, and crazy personality.  Brought back memories of when we lived here.  


Here is another view of him - i was too afraid to be so obvious and take a closer front shot, although I wish I had.  It was fun trying to do pull-ups, climb the ropes, and do the dip bars and other things they had here.  I LOVE being outside and running along the ocean - something soooo soothing and nice about it!

After wards we went and found some yummy breakfast, went shopping, and then when we had had enough we went home to see our cute kiddos!  

I didn't want to go out to lunch first because I had some of this awaiting me at home - my new FAVORITE food is cobb salad - I absolutely love it and although it takes a little time preparing I make it healthy and delicious!  SOOOOO good I crave it almost every day!

These 3 were SOOOO excited when we walked in the door....that is to see daddy.  I was kind of an afterthought I guess but i was sure excited to see them!  I had cleaned Ivy up later after dinner and then put her down to play when Griff yelled out "look mom, I sharing!"  Well, he sure was, and what was a clean Ivy 5 seconds earlier was now a very chocolatey Ivy now, although she was very happy as well, grinning from ear to ear and begging for more!  She sure loves when Griff shares!  Chocolate fudge bars from Costco are another favorite in our house!

We go to the park a bunch and the other day Ivy was playing with my phone and snapped this photo - pretty good I guess and shows what I love to do - lay on the blanket with her while the boys run every which way!



I LOVE everything about this photo - the lighting, her cute little profile, how she's sitting all dainty, her bow, and just my cute little Ivy!


 She does a very funny bear crawl when we are at the park to avoid scratching up her knees.  It is so funny!





 She is starting to venture away and play with the sand a little, and I can't wait til she can walk and gets to do even more with the boys, and I can really just relax at the park!  So much fun!

Chip got this GREAT idea, or so he thought, and ordered the boys metallic silly putty.  He was so excited about it and kept asking if it came. When it finally did he was super happy.  HOwever, he is not around and the stupid stuff has caused more problems than it's worth.  To fits, being stuck all over the house on things, etc....and then finally this!  Yes, somehow G ended up with it being stuck in his hair sunday morning.  No good!  It is worse then gum coming out, and although peanut butter sort of helped a large chunk of Griff's hair is now gone, and it caused an extra shower being needed from what we had planned for the morning!  Needless to say I have since gotten rid of it and forbid that stuff in my home!


This little girl turned 11 months, started eating peanut butter, drinking whole milk, and pretty much is my favorite little girl in this world.  She has me smiling all day long and I think she is the cutest!  Love our little Ivy Jane!


 We have had visitors for the past week straight and my friend Jenny was the latest to come and we did a little beach day yesterday - it was MUCH breezier and colder than we expected, and since Ivy was in a swimsuit only, the boys had no shirts, etc I had to put her in my sweatshirt to keep her warm.  She still somehow ended up with a little tan line from her suit though and it's pretty cute!  G got a little burned though and was up all night becuase of it last night so that was not so good.  Gotta lather up everywhere I guess to avoid burning with my kiddos!

 The kids adore Jenny, especially Cash, and he kept saying how sad he was she was leaving!


 This morning we dropped Cash off for pre-school and then walked down to the pier and along it with the 2 little ones in the stroller - fun, and cold times!  Hard workout with the kids!



Griffin wanted to run at part and was hurdling the lines - super funny, and reminded me even more of his daddy!


And finally - a HUGE goal was met today.  Cash set a goal to finish his reading lessons by today, April 30, and this afternoon we did the last one - lesson 100!!!!  He LOVES reading, is currently reading the first Harry Potter book, and recognizes words everywhere.  I am so proud of him for doing this goal and completing it!  Guess he did earn the light saber he wanted!


No comments: