Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Boo! Boo! It's Halloween SCARY month!!!

A couple weeks ago Ivy  took a dive out of her stroller and landed on her head on the cement!  It was SOOOOOO scary - and left this massive BOO BOO on her head!  I was so worried she had a concussion, and was crying right along with her as I tried to console this sad little girl!  I kept saying "poor baby, poor baby" as I was hugging her and then she started saying - "owie baby, owie baby" looking up at me with these very sad tears coming down.  It was not a fun mommy moment and I am so glad she is ok - however she still this week has little dimples in her head where the marks were, and I am hoping they will go away sometime soon and aren't permanent indents!  She is tough and so I know when she screams she is really hurting. It was so scary that when it happened I screamed and the car driving past our house that was at the stop sign reversed to make sure she was ok - the sound of her head hitting the pavement still haunts me and rings in my ears.  I hope she doesn't try this again anytime soon (and also I will remember to strap her in on both sides, not just one so she can't climb out as easily - altho she has already done that too before!




 While trying to console her the UPS man dropped off these costumes and came to the back door and witnessed screaming baby and sad mommy - he even asked if he could do anything to help!  How nice is that?!  Anyhow, she was ok not too long after and Cash really wanted her to put on the costume with him - Harry Potter and Hedwig!!! (Dobby not featured yet!)

 She was back to herself the next day, altho pretty sure it was hurting her a bunch then cuz in the afternoon she became pretty upset and clingy!

 So of course we had some cuddle time and lots of hugs and kisses!



 Ivy is my climber - and she climbs on EVERYTHING, and is always scaring me!  I can't even figure out how she gets some of the places she does and the piano is no exception. I heard her playing one day after Cash had finished his lesson and I was on the computer so not thinking much.  Cash kept yelling to stop her and that she was too loud and he couldn't hear his show.  Finally he decided to do something about it himself and so he came in to get her off.  Then he yelled, "mom, you gotta come get Ivy - come see where she is! She is playing the piano with her toes!"  I didn't know what to expect but was definitely surprised to find this - what?!  I was inclined to scream and rush to get her off but after seeing the humor in it knew I had to snap a pic and told her to just stay still!  Not sure how she planned on getting off but glad we caught her first!


She is so silly and keeps us always on our toes to make sure she is ok - and also has begun to speak in sentences (2-3 word phrases and says SO many words!)  The Dr. asked at her last checkup if she could say 10 words - I started counting and got to about 30 just really quick off the top of my head and the Dr was super impressed.  I hadn't thought much of it but after the visit came home and have been writing them down so I could really count how many she says on a frequent basis.  I have over 50 and need to write them down on here soon - hopefully I can get a few videos of some of her funniest things.  ANyways, if she is so fun even if she is constantly scaring me to death with all her climbing shenannigans (she also loves to hang on things and can do so for about 20 seconds at a wack - it's quite amazing....she got this strength from the Brown side for sure!)

 I LOVE FALL food and October is one of my favorite months that I start using pumpkin!  YEAH!!!!
Pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin chili - you name it I love it!
Anyhow - I have started this thing back in September where every Monday is Soup and Sandwich/Salad night and it has been so great!  We have the soup and then it usually has enough left over for the week of lunches etc.  I was initially making the soups I knew and that I always make but the last few have tried new recipes and it has been SOOOOO awesome!  I did a cauliflower/potatoe bisque that was delicious, a chicken enchilada soup, and then yesterday a white bean chicken chili (below!)   They have all been so good, sooo easy, and soooooo healthy!  Love it and my kids do too!

Also, I have lately become obsessed with caprese salads and the one below is a delicious one of tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and a little olive oil and red wine vinegreitte and salt and pepper!  It's scrumptious with a bagette cut up from sprouts!  Loving it!

 Also the kids and I have been busy today getting Halloween set up and making pumpkin cookies to deliver to my visiting teachees!  Yummy Yummy fall!

No comments: