Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend!

I LOVE conference weekend!  I totally look forward to it and love that we get to snuggle up and cuddle under blankets and drink in all that our apostles and prophet has to tell us.  And this conference was AMAZING!!! I truly felt inspired to be better, more hope, and just an overall very positive message from all the talks.  I loved so many I can't choose a favorite - but I will say I really loved Elder Uchtdorf's on Saturday morning - and think his quote of "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith!" was the most published quote on FB afterwards of anything - which is awesome and it is a great quote!  I also loved Elder Oaks, Elder Hollands, and President Monson's Sunday morning address.  I just felt that there were some really great things said, advice as a mom (and I thought it talked a LOT about mom's throughout) and just made me want to be better.  I love the gospel and am grateful that when I was young my mom made us watch and set that precedent for us - to watch all 4 sessions so that I now want to do the same for my family.  I am grateful for my testimony of the Savior and the atonement and know he died and suffered for me personally.  I am so grateful for the the plan of salvation and eternal families.  I love wanting to be better and setting goals and if you missed any you should definitely check it out at LDS.ORG and listen to it.  I plan on listening again to the talks they were all so great!

This little girl got into the "bubbies" and made a mess in her hair so we had to bathe her before the day even got started. (and after she had already gotten in the shower earlier this morning too!)



Also this weekend listening allowed me to finish up a few crafts we had started.  The boys helped with the candy corns and the witches hat, and I did the fabric chain and the picture and Emily let us use her cute BOO sign to make this cute little display!  And the boys had a great time setting up with daddy all the outside decor and spiderweb staircase!  We love Halloween!

After the Sunday afternoon session we hopped in the car and went down to Carlsbad to see Chip's parents - who were over here for fall break with Jayton.  It was a great night just relaxing, eating yummy food (lobster is my favorite and it was SOOOO good!) and taking a beautiful walk on the beach at sunset.  Life is good!

We found this amazing sand castle that was done up.  Cash wanted his picture!



 The sunsets here never get old to me - they are SOOOOO pretty and this was no exception - too bad I didn't have the lighting right on my camera phone to see the boys and Ivy's face but it was a cool sihouette one right?!  Chip and his dad with the kiddos!





 Found out that Charlie met my cousin Thad on the lobster diving trip for 3 days and that was fun!  Small world!
Happy October 7 week!

No comments: