Wednesday, October 2, 2013

While Cash is at School.....

These 2 kids rule!!!  My world that is!  I love their cute little funny personalities and getting to hang out every day at home with them.  This past week I have called my mom a few times frustrated and upset with my poor parenting, lack of patience, frustrations, etc.  Some days I feel like it is a miracle we made it to bedtime, and I don't feel they have gone very well or been very productive or that I have been a very good mom.  This past FHE we had a family night on service and talked about ways we could do better about serving each others.  I committed to my kids that I would try to be more patient with them, yell and get angry less, and love them more!  I am trying, and although will never be perfect I have found that when I get up and play a hymn or listen to a talk or read my scriptures early, my days do go better.  I also have really been hit strongly with the words of a primary song that Cash sang 2 weeks ago in his program - I find myself thinking of the words often after I am upset, and it is a good reminder of what I need to be.....The song is titled...."If the Savior Stood Beside me!"  The whole song is amazing and but the lines that really stick out to me are the very first ones in 2 of the verses: "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?"  and from the 2nd verse: "If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?"  I find power in these and often I am reminded by these lyrics when I am in the moment and use them to help me decide how to respond.  I am trying, and I find that with motherhood we go through periods we feel we are doing great and it's pretty easy, and times that are harder.  Right now with one of my children I am finding it harder to be patient.  I am trying and need a new way of helping him because my current choice isn't working.  

I am so grateful for each of my kiddos, however, and how different they are and for getting to be entrusted with each of them in my care.  I promise them I will do better!  On good days tho (which we do have plenty I am not trying to sound like such a debbie downer) they are SOOOO fun and great and the most rewarding job I could ever ask for!

These 2 are like 2 peas in a pod - they are wild and crazy and giggly and just funny!  I love them to pieces!  Here they are sharing their doritos on the stairs - not a care in the world!


This little girl is SO determined all the time to do everything herself - little miss independent!  She has never really let us feed her very well from the time she started solids, moving from feeding herself with fingers to using a spoon around 10 months and still refuses much help.  It is mess, and sometimes frustrating she won't eat if I am helping, but I am embracing her little independence and it is so cute watching her spoon this yogurt into her mouth (or all over the place as it may be!)

 She is also a girl who LOVES accessories and is SO GIRLY and I am absolutely loving that - and hey - only in Cali can you wear little strap dresses with a hat and it be fitting for fall weather!  Awesome!

 This little Griffy is a tease.  He is funny and cute and hard!  But he is a sweety and loves his siblings and his mommy and I have to not get so upset that he has regressed in his potty training (any ideas on helping him go #2 in the toilet would be much appreciated by me) and pushes my buttons all day long.  I can't deal with him the same way as I do with Cash and so I am having to learn and it hasn't been easy - if you can't guess he is my hard child right now.  And I need to be better and figure out better what works for him!  After all, I can't help but look at him and love him so much - even if he did just color on my walls, spill bubbles all over my floor, etc etc.  I really do love him and when he and Ivy are playing good together - there is nothing sweeter (or funnier!)  They giggle and giggle and it is so contagious!

This little sass-a-frass brought me her bow and said "bow, hair!" and put it (or tried to) on her head.  She loves shoes and necklaces and already seems to have an opinion on what she wants. I LOVE dressing her up - and fall clothes right now are SO CUTE for little girls!

 The kids LOVE going to pick up big brother Cash from school and are so cute and adorable, climbing on everything when we are there - it is a little scary, but also so fun watching them move and run and interact with the other little ones there.  Ivy has taken to hanging on the bars everywhere and is actually pretty strong.  Griffin has also taught her to climb on the ones he is on! (a mother's nightmare!)

 My little BYU fan all in her uggs that she found and wanted on one morning - blurry but so cute as she brought the pants and shoes to put on her!  A fashionista in the making!

I just got home from the gym and no one was awake (miracle) yet so I got to sit and write this in peace, and it makes me excited to go and be the best mom I can today!  Here's to a day of NO YELLING! I am promising I won't!  Also, I get to help out in Cash's classroom today and he is SO excited - which makes me burst with joy as I know he probably won't always be excited or want me to help in his classroom (although I hope he does!) He told me we needed to tell the class what they should call me - and after I suggested how bout Professor McGonagall and he said no - he told me I should just say "miss Stephanie" so that is what we are going with.  He also told me I get to wear a sticker and is excited about that - ahhh the simple things!

Now I hear the kids so have to go, but here's to a great mommy day!
Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: