Saturday, June 6, 2015

May 15, 2015: Turning 34 and loving it!

The last few years my birthday hasn't been such a good day - I mean once you are a mom and esp if it is during the week you don't really get to plan your day with school and hubby gone to work and the kids activities etc etc.... I am not complaining by any means, just saying it hasn't really seemed like some fabulous day, and even a couple times I might dare say it has been an awful day, for different reasons depending on the year!  However, this year was different.  I decided that it was going to be a GREAT day, and that I was going to plan out a little bit of it so I would get to do things I wanted!  And it turned out now just great - but totally AWESOME and a day to really REMEMBER and cherish.  

It started with a morning workout with my friend Jen, which I always love, and then after I went for a quick run down by the beach, to just get to have me time and it was raining and so I couldn't listen to anything just got to enjoy the beach and beauty and rain, all of which I LOVE LOVE LOVE so it was perfect!  A quick 3.2 miles and then home to get ready for the fun to continue!

 I worked in Griffin's classroom and when it is a kid's birthday in the class often their mom brings cupcakes - since Griffin's bday is in the summer that won't get to happen and so we decided we still better bring something so I made these amazingly delicious (and not ruinable like other plain choc chip cookies are) cookies and brought them to the class.  They were a hit and definitely easier to clean than cupcakes :)

 Thought we better snap a picture with the cookies before we all went and I LOVE Ivy's poses!


As soon as we got done with school it was home for a quick lunch for kiddos and then they went to play with friends while I got to go out with the girls for a fun lunch at Cheesecake Factory - SO MUCH FUN!!!!  I love girl time and this place and it was a great change from the normal daily routine!  I have great girlfriends here in California and absolutely wouldn't love life as much without them!  They teach me, laugh, cry, and inspire me and each of them holds a special place in my heart!

I never actually order cheesecake when I go but we ordered one for the group and it was Vanilla Bean and now I have a new obsession - it was sooooo good!

 

After that it was back to Amy's for more fun playdates and then home to get ready for my night out with Chip and the Walters - to celebrate Dan's bday too we went to Houston's and then off to Manhattan Beach Creamery for icecream!  Great company and great food and kidfree was the perfect night for me!  And then home with Chip to just watch a movie and get an awesome massage!  He could be a professional masseus for sure! 

Then the next day the fun continued - first it was Griffin's last game and at the end all the parents brought a ball to get signed by their "favorite" player and it was so cute!  They were so excited!

 Then it was medal time and pictures with the coaches - check those skies out too!

Then it was off for a SUPER SATURDAY of Shopping with my BFF Angie to an event in Santa Monica that Chip got us VIP tickets to!  He always surprises me with the greatest presents and this year was no exception - he got 2 VIP passes to the charity event where designers bring their stuff and sell it at extremely discounted prices and all the proceeds go to charity.....Rachel Zoe was featured celebrity and was there signing her book and so of course I had to get it and meet her too.  We had a blast!  They had food and tons of stuff and we walked around checking it all out, seeing the red carpet and who was showing up from the stars and it was just a super fun day to get to spend shopping with my favorite shopping friend Angie!  We had a blast!  Thanks Chippi for such a fun gift!

Can you spot Rachel Zoe?

 Buying her book guaranteed us a better picture with her :)

Supermodel ??? (forgot her name already) showed up and it was actually really funny watching all the paparazzi try to get her to turn towards them for the perfect picture.....i would find that very intimidating and also annoying after a while I think!

Right when we got there they asked us since we had special passes if we wanted to pose by the car and would take photos - we felt super awkward but thought it was fun!

We were a little better at the Loreal booth and switched up the poses each time! lol!

Then it was home to hang with the hubby and kiddos and then we got to celebrate on Sunday too!

 At church my friend snapped this shot when Ivy came in so I could take her to the bathroom. I was subbing for the pianist and she hopped up beside me and my friend took it cuz she said it was too cute.  I first looked and hated the pic cuz of my poor posture and chunky look I felt - but then realized I love it too because how often do I get moments like these that I would never be able to see or remember - and I LOVE that she is sitting there, humming along and enjoying the song with us.  I also love our matchiness, which wasn't planned but happens quite a bit I realize!

After church it was home for a yummy dinner and cake and the whole weekend was a FUN BDAY WEEKEND!!!!  Thanks to all friends and family who made it so great!  Truly what makes me the most happy is to be surrounded by those I love and get to hang out with friends!  


No comments: