Friday, August 8, 2008

Always changing my mind..........8/8/08

So as the title goes, I have found myself numerous times this pregnancy changing my mind about how I want things to go, when I want the baby to be born, etc. etc.

I really wanted our little guy to be born today so his birthday could be 8/8/08; also, due to the Olympics starting today I felt it would be a good omen for him to be a natural-born athlete! I had convinced myself and many others I would do WHATEVER it took to get myself into labor and have him today.......

However, yesterday came and I realized I really didn't want him to come today because I just am not quite ready yet......I still have a few more blankets to make, my re-upholstered chair project is put on hold til my professional helper gets back in town to help me finish it, and the crib is still FULL of bags, gifts, and other baby goodies that need to be put away. Also, all the new clothes i have received are sitting in piles, according to size, on the guest bed, rather than put away in the drawers and ready for him --- so clearly i need a little more time!!!!

Thus, I want to say THANK YOU LITTLE MAN for not coming today (at least not yet) and that for once I am relieved to still be pregnant at this time. You can come any time after next Tuesday........

Did anyone else feel this way --- where you want them to come so badly, and yet when you think about it you just would like a little more time before they actually enter the world?

Anxiously and uncomfortably awaiting........

7 comments:

Steve and Amanda said...

Steph- I can't believe it is soooo close. I can't wait to meet the new little one.

Jessica Brown said...

Its so close! I can't wait to see the little one! Good luck with everything! Your gunna be a great momma!

fillmore said...

Congratulations on the little one coming, or maybe he is already here. You sound like you are having a great time in NC. Keep in touch and let me know how the delivery goes!
Andrea

Lindsey Lee said...

Yep, i was so nervous with Owen i didn't want him to come early. Too bad he was 2 weeks early...totally unprepared! But really, we are never REALLY ready for a baby to come. I will checking in everyday so you better keep me updated!

Suzie Soda said...

Call me when splashdown occurs. I am so excited for you. You look great at the lake. There are lots of lakes in Virginia too. Love, Suz

Mary and Ryan said...

You are so funny! I like that you wanted him to be born when the olympics started so he would be a natural athlete, that made me smile:) There is nothing in the world as wonderful as a new baby, Im excited for you!

Maurine said...

That is so funny. I totally wanted Addie to come late...who knows why. I think it was because I didn't have anything ready. At the end I was so ready to have her and was glad she came a few days early! Good luck.