Friday, August 29, 2008

Can't Get Enough of My Little Cash!!!

We love this little man SOOOO much!!! I am FINALLY up and able to walk around now free of too much pain, and just getting to enjoy my little guy more and more! It is amazing how quickly they change, and I just want to freeze these next few weeks and keep him the same size, same temperament, etc. He sleeps well, is content all the time, and doesn't even spit up after he eats --- he is just a little angel and fills our house with so much love.
My favorite thing is watching his daddy play with him, hold him, kiss him, and just look at him in awe saying over and over "I don't know why we got blessed with such a cute baby......he is the cutest baby ever......i love this little man so much, etc. etc." It is so fun to see the love and interaction of his dad with him! And also, Chip has changed more diapers already than I have the last two weeks --- he is a great dad and I love both my boys so much!
However, I am thinking I might need to revoke something from Chip --- my mom brought us out the book Babywise, and Chip is taking everything as strict fact and trying to enforce everything they say ---- altho it is great to get a little baby on a schedule and I agree with what the book says -- sometimes I think he is believing it a little too much to the extreme! Any ideas on what to do? It makes for some really funny conversations though between us, and since Cash is only waking up 1 or 2 times a night something must be working!
Love this little face --- so cute!!!

Waking up!

Getting his clothes on after peeing on his 8th outfit of the day!!!

Relaxing with Dad on our upper porch!!!

His daddy loves him SO much!! (and Cash loves his daddy too!)

14 comments:

Megs said...

Steph, Cash is so cute!! Sounds like a dream baby. I have to say, I loved Babywise. We tried to be pretty strict with it (after he was around 2 weeks old or so) while still watching for his cues on things and it was the best decision ever!! It is hard sometimes to be so rigid at first, but I think it totally pays off. The book is really intense though so you do need to read it with a grain of salt and use your common sense. I am so happy you guys are doing so well!

Treat Queen said...

I agree with megs. Grain of salt and use your common sense!

Suzie Soda said...

Very swett, Hope you are having fun and gald you are feeling better. See you soon. suz

Kimmy Shimmy Jr. said...

those are really cute pictures!!! I want more though!!!! I LOVE my little nephew!!!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Steph I am so happy for you. It really is a neat time. Although so much about it is hard, if you really can try to relax and enjoy every minute while he is so teeny, you'll be grateful you did! I can't believe Josh was one that little! He's a cutie

Lindsey said...

Steph, I am glad to finally see pics! He looks like a Rosen, I am glad you are recovering too... CALL ME, we keep missing each other!

Brent and Britta said...

FIRST OF ALL: I just want to kiss that little face all over!!!

SECONDLY: My sister did babywise with all 3 of her kids and says it's the best system. Her kids are angels because they always have what they need (especially structure). I nanny for a baby now that is 8 months old and didn't have a schedule and it is a nightmare, he cries ALL THE TIME, so I am working on getting him all set - just a lesson from the other side.

Steve and Amanda said...

Babywise works, but you sacrifice your own motherly instinct. For me a little of both worked...but you have to do what is best for YOU and only you! Cash is adorable. Call me if you ever get a moment! Are you moving?????

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Oh man I remember the days of Ryder peeing through outfit after outfit. I thought it would never end...and it hasn't. It has only slowed down. Every once in a while he still poops or pees through an outfit. He pooped in the tub for the first time this past week. Disgusting!

Lisa said...

Steph you are so good about posting all the time! I am glad that Cash is such a good baby. It is great that he only gets up a couple times in the night. Keep posting pictures of little cash! I love them! Do you remember when Parkers diaper leaked on you? It is a funny memory of mine.

jarv said...

Congratulations we are so excited for you guys! Cash is such a cutie!

Pepper Lovin! said...

Ok so you totally don't know me and I am a major blog stalker but I went to High school with chip! So glad he married such a nice girl. Your little guy is super cute! Tell Chip that rachel(Bradshaw) Bostock says hi and congrats!

MYHowderFamily said...

Can't get enough of this little guy! He is adorable!!! Love seeing him with his Daddy! You can just see the anticipation in Chip as you watch him with this little man. Enjoy this time together while he's home with you and Cash!

Rachel Mack said...

Wow so much going on!!! Your house is beautiful... I bet you'll miss it! Anyway.... Cash is a cutie! Great pics!