Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Missing GRAMMY already.........

We were so lucky to have had my mom come stay with us for the past week. We had a great time just resting, talking, eating good food, shopping, and hanging out! It was such a blessing to have the extra hands to hold little Cash when I needed a break or extra nap, the best babysitter ever so that Chip and I could leave for a few hours by ourselves, and the greatest example of what a mom should be staying with us!


I LOVE my mom and as Chip often says (and it IS so true) -- "if I turn out to be half as good a mother as my mom is to me I will be a success"!!! I truly do believe that as I am starting to realize more and more even in the 2 weeks I have been a mom how much work motherhood takes. I am so lucky to have had such a great mom and didn't think it would be so hard for me to say goodbye yesterday when the time came to take her to the airport. In fact, I cried myself to sleep the night before just thinking that she was going to be leaving and I wouldn't have her around or see her for another 2 months! Sad!!!


Cash also LOVES his GRAMMY (i refuse to call her Grandma because she seems too young to me to be a grandma --- and so we have settled on calling her Grammy). She was so good with him and he loved having her hold him and play with him, and by the end of the week I think he recognized her and knew her too!!! We will miss her a LOT, and will just have to settle for lots of time on the WebCam so she can still see her favorite grandson!!!


We love you Grammy!!! Thanks for the fun week!!!


Grammy w/ Cash on Sunday after church


Playing w/ Grammy



Grammy LOVED taking pictures of Cash playing w/ Dad!!!




She still has the magic touch and entertained Cash for hours!!!




Grammy was giving Cash a photoshoot every time we turned around!!!


Labor Day - off to the ward breakfast and 5K!

Finishing up our mile walk -- getting back into shape slowly!!!

9 comments:

Phyllis said...

Grammy loves Cash!!!!!!!!!!!! More than I ever realized I would. He's such a beautiful baby and so good. What lucky parents you are to have him, and what a lucky boy he is to have such great parents!!!! I wish I could look at him right now. Every day he changed and grew a little. It's so fun to watch. Can't wait to see him again.

Phyllis said...

I already went back and read the blog and looked at the pictures. Makes me cry to not be able to reach out and hold Cash. I love him so much. Hug him for me, Steph.

Phyllis said...

Love the last two pictures. We should have taken more of us together!!

Corinne said...

he is such a cute little guy Steph...congrats. I love it when my mom comes - - thank goodness they are always so willing!!

Amber said...

He is sooo cute. I can't believe you are out and about and exercising already. Holy cow!!! Wonder Woman!!! :-)

Steve and Amanda said...

He is sooooo handsome. Be grateful for such a beautiful little healthy boy. You will be a GREAT mom.

Lisa said...

It is so great seeing your Mom being Grammy! It is nice that she was able to stay so long. You can tell she adores him. It made me smile when I saw the first three comments on this post are all from her. I am impressed that you are out and about already! Go Steph!

Suzie Soda said...

So Nana didn''t fly, huh? I love Grammy Phyliis. I am Grammy Suz. So many cute pictures. Phyliis does look so young to be a grammy..I still think of her in high school in Arnold when I met Greg. Glad you had such a good time. Can't wait to see you all this weekend.

MYHowderFamily said...

Love these pictures of you and your mom. I wish I had been home more to visit with her and you. It was so neat to see her holding her first grand child. Her eyes lighted up. You have a great Mother!