Thursday, September 4, 2008

WE ARE MOVING........

As if having a baby and quitting my job weren't enough for life changing events all at one time --- but now add another HUGE one -- we are moving!!! Not just down the street or into another neighborhood here in Charlotte, but to another STATE! Next Tuesday we will be moving into our new place up in........Charlottesville, VA.




Yes, pretty crazy to move from Charlotte, NC to Charlottesville, VA --- but due to a job offer for Chip that we couldn't pass up, our little family will be relocating! I am extremely sad to be leaving our home here, which we love so much! More though, I am sad to be leaving our ward and wonderful friends we have met! We have made the greatest friends and thinking about not having them close makes me cry....thus i am still in denial of this move! (at least for 5 more days)



Anyways, I hadn't posted pictures of all the rooms in my house yet because I wasn't finished decorating, but due to us moving and my decorating coming to a halt - I wanted to put up a few pics of the place we have called home this past year!!! Hopefully we can find someone to enjoy it as much as we have!!!





Welcome to the Brown's Home


Common area right outside our home




Where the cookin' takes place




Other side of the kitchen





The dining room - w/ art picked out by Chip





Formal living room - Chip stained all the black tables!!!



Love the curtains - also picked out by Chip

The guest bedroom and office for 1 more week!

The master bedroom!

Master bathroom -- going to miss that big tub!

Also love the granite raised vanities in all bathrooms

Not featured: The baby room (will do that in the new house once it is finished); the upstairs family room where we spend most of our time hanging out and watching TV.

This is a little taste of where we have lived the past year........we will miss our house here a LOT --- being our very first House we bought ourselves it has SO MUCH sentimental value to us, and has been wonderful over this last year! We will miss it!

12 comments:

Fuller Family said...

I read your story about your delivery and I couldn't believe it. I am so glad that everything turned out okay. He is so dang cute. (I know! Those dang forceps still scare me!)
That is crazy that you are moving right now. Change is difficult! I am horrible with it! But it sounds like you have some great memories to take with you. Hopefully we will meet up in Utah sometime so I can meet your little guy!

Lindsey said...

I am sad you are moving, even though I am in texas and don't see you, I was excited to visit you in North Carolina, but I will be excited to visit you in Virginia as well. Moving is lame.

Christian and Stephanie said...

I can't believe you are moving right now! You are amazing. Your little Cash is adorable. Huge Congrats!

paigeandbryce said...

your house is adorable! and I can totally relate to how you feel right now. I was in the exact same position last year. I quit my job, had my first baby, and then two weeks later we moved...to another state. But you guys are so great, I have no doubt you will quickly make new friends and establish yourself and feel home. Best wishes!

Megs said...

You did an amazing job with your house!! I can't wait to hear how the move goes. Charlottesville will be wonderful!! I remember only a few things about it from living there though. I was too little. Good luck!!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Wow...I think I have found my dream house! I would be sad to leave there too!!! I LOVE THAT HOUSE!! It is so cute on the outside and in. Good luck with your move! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

The Reichmans said...

Wow-stephie lots of stuff is going on in your life. I hope the move goes well and that you and little cash survive the trip

Sandy said...

Steph- don't even get me started with the moving thing. We are so sad to see you go. For some reason, I think this won't be the end. You better come visit like you've promised!

Chip did a beauitful job on Cash's blessing today. It was so much fun to be a part of your special day. We love you guys.

Iris Arredondo Whitlock said...

We are going to miss you guys...Maybe we can meet up in the Blue Ridge Mountains sometime. They have amazing camping. You are going to love Virginia!!!

Brannon and Jen said...

I can't believe my new BFF is moving I've been sad all day! I wish you the best of luck in your new place. I know you love it!

MYHowderFamily said...

Can't believe it's only been a day and I'm missing you already! Looking forward to a road trip to Virginia. It was great meeting your parents. You guys have a great support system in your families. Going over to put in the trash can and drop a few tears!

paul brown said...

lets see some pics of the new place.