Friday, September 12, 2008

What does it equal???

All the happenings of the last 3 weeks:

-Having a baby
-Almost dying while giving birth
-1 week visit from Mom (wish it could have lasted MUCH longer Grammy)
-Weekend visit from Sister-in-law Beth
-Labor Day Breakfast and 5k run (1 mile walk for me and Cash) with the ward
-Final Girls night out at my house in NC ---waffle/icecream night, Office re-runs, and lots of girl talk
-Goodbye party with all our AWESOME friends in NC
-Showing our house as much as possible to potential renters (we finally got some we think)
-Shedding many tears as my life in NC was coming to an end TOO quickly
-1 week visit from Chip's parents (we wish this could have lasted longer too)
-Blessing little Cash on September 7, 2008 in the Mountain Island Ward
-Hosting 50+ people for dinner after the blessing --- and yes, I did ALL the food!!! (turned out delicious thanks to all of Grammy's recipes)
-Shedding more tears as goodbyes were said to all my ward friends
-2 days of the Movers packing and loading all our stuff (thank heavens we didn't have to pack anything or try to move all our stuff ourselves --definitely the way to move)
-4 hour drive to new home
-1 night at a hotel since all our stuff was packed and not yet at our new place
-1 day watching loaders unload and unpack all our stuff into our new 3 story place -- yes, lots of stairs
-1 day going to Montpelier and dropping Chip's parents off in DC
-1 trip to Vapianos w/ our friends the Jardines -- the greatest restaurant ever in DC
-2 hour drive home very late at night w/ the best baby traveler ever
-1 day (today) of unpacking rest of stuff and organizing things in our new home in Charlottesville
-Much less sleep all of these nights due to feeding a newborn
-1 perfect little baby traveler who is the greatest little guy ever

What do all of these equal?

very, Very, VERY exhausted parents, missing camera cord at the moment, and yet a SUPER GREAT ADVENTURE and MEMORY MAKING MOMENTS in our lives!!!!!

Pictures to come soon of all these different events!!!

7 comments:

Maurine said...

So very crazy. I am glad you survived. So are you buying another place or renting in Charlottesville?

Phyllis said...

Sounds exhausting to me. Good thing you are young and resilient. Good luck in the new place. The ward will love having you there.

Get some sleep and hug that beautiful baby. Tell him every day that his grammy loves him!!

Steve and Amanda said...

Steph- YOu will have to tell me about the job transfer later. It seems you are EXTREMELY busy! I am glad that Cash is a good traveler...it really helps. I hate that you are further away too!

MYHowderFamily said...

Okay you did it all! I'm sure at times you wished you could sleep as peacefully as Cash does being a new little infant. Miss you dearly but running ragged here too. Hugs and Kiss to all three of you!

Janae said...

Stephanie! I found your blog, finally, and wanted to tell you I'm sooo sorry we missed your going away party, and we didn't even get to say goodbye! I'm so sad we didn't get more time here in NC too. Thank goodness for blogging huh? My blog's private so I'll need your email so I can invite you to mine. Give the little Cash a kiss for us! Tell Chip hi, and we'll talk to you later. Oh yeah..my email is iceorange@hotmail.com I'm pretty sure you have it, but just in case.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your little guy!! He is just beautiful!! (I grew up with the Brown's)

Heather said...

Wow...that is exhausting to read. :) I hope you are doing well and baby Cash is growing up strong. We need to come and visit and meet the little guy.