Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Window dressings and cake drippings!

So I recently took on a project I have NEVER done before!
Creating Cornice boxes for my windows!
I was originally going to do valences, when my sister-in-law Beth informed me those were out and to do this cornice box thing instead!
I looked it up, and decided to give it a whirl!

I love how they turned out!
Thank you Beth for the great idea!

Also, I usually like neutral colors - and stick to safe, contemporary decorations - but decided to throw all caution to the wind and do bright and cheery colors in our family room!
The pillows were first, and the drapes came second
!





They did, however, take so long I almost didn't get everything ready for Cash's birthday bash on Saturday!
However, thanks to a very handy tool-man, great Mr. Mom, super-cleaner, and an ultra patient hubby, they were up exactly 2 hrs. prior to guest arrival!
We had a great bbq with friends and family to celebrate, and another cake experience for little Cash!


This one is just for you linds - miss your face!!!!

Guests at the party
Enjoying the grub - (don't the drapes look good?)
Wo - what is that?
not wanting to get messy - so using his fork!
this fork is not working so well!
maybe i will try using my fingers afterall!

hmmm......interesting flavor!

so good!
give me more!
i really love being center of attention!
this is so great!

yum yum (i love his bottom tooth)

messy fingers!

give me that!

some of the results!
this is so much fun mommy!

who is gonna clean me up now?




Special thanks to Emily and John Jones who shot some of these great photos!!!! What a great night!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

the curtains turned out Fabulous!!! I am so proud of you. Love the bib, I need to get me one of those :)
Linds

Graffs On The Go said...

The curtains and pillows look great! I am really impressed. Are you going to sell those along with you tutus? Cash is so cute. Is it difficult to believe he is a year old? Hope you are doing well!
Suzanna

Amy and Clark said...

Very fun! Props to you for sewing!!! Looks good!

Sara Stevenson said...

Steph they look SO cute!! I love the colors, super fun. Call me soon, so we can chat! Love ya

Lisa said...

I love your new drapes and pillows. The colors are so bright and cheery. It looks like Cash's party was a lot of fun. I enjoyed all the pictures of eating the cake. Cash always has the best facial expressions!

Maurine said...

They are super cute. How do you know how to sew so well. I am envious. I wish I was that creative.

Weed Family said...

I love the drapes and pillows, you are so talented! And what a fun party! Those pics of Cash eating the cake are too cute. Call me, let's hang out

Tammy said...

love those valences. You got that all done in one day? You're amazing. I've never had the focus to do anything like that. nice job

Rachel Mack said...

Hot stuff! Totally love them! Also- looks like Cash had a great birthday!

Brent and Britta said...

nice bib! Dang he's cute!