Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FAREWELLS.......AND AN EARLY PRESENT!!!

Today is a bittersweet day for me! It is a day our family has longed for, hoped for, looked forward too, and especially prayed for for a really long time.....and one that at times seemed like it would never happen......and yet now it is here I wish it were yet a little farther off!

Today my favorite youngest brother left for the MTC! He is going to be serving in the Lansing, Michigan Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so proud of him, so happy for him, and yet will miss him terribly.

Sam is one of the most kind-hearted people I have ever met. He is great with my kids, calls me all the time to see how I am doing, shares my love of sports and games, and is the best "uncle Sam" we could ever have. We will miss him a lot, but it is so exciting he has made this choice and his great journey will begin! I love you so much Sam, and the pic below is one of my favorites (taken by the great and talented Kelly Anderson)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Today my hubby also left for China for a business trip. I have been dreading it since the moment I found out he was leaving. I hate when he goes, and it seems so much worse that it is so far away. However, i have friends planned to stay with me for each night, and had geared up for the week and settled in this morning to embark on it and make it go quickly - and then I got the phone call..........he called my mom while he was at the airport this morning and booked my sister a ticket to come stay with me while he is away! What a sweet heart! I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present (ok, other than him not having to have gone at all - but that wasn't an option)! Thank you honey for making my day and week look so much better! I love you sooooooooo much!