Thursday, December 23, 2010

Come, and Gone!!!

Another year has come and gone....and boy what a year it has been! Besides moving halfway around the world and back, adding an addition to our family in China, and getting a few premature grey hairs from a bunch of stress that these items have caused - it has been a wonderful year! It is always at this time that I get a bit sad that the year (and all my fall travels) is coming to an end - but also excited for the new year, new adventures, and a time to make goals and hopefully set off on my way to reaching them.

In honor of today being a bitter sweet day for me - My hubby got back from CHINA - HAPPY!!!! and my sister left our pad and headed back to Utah - SAD!!! I wanted to post other things that have come and gone lately and I haven't had time to do their own post for! Here's to comings and goings - and all that life brings us!

Chip turned another year older this past November (I, on the other hand, did not age a year this year :) We had friends down for the day to celebrate and it was a great day!

Chip cried for the 3rd time our entire marriage when he got his present - pics of the boys sketched by this awesome artist in China (and pics of me and him too - but this didn't bring about the same emotion)

Our trip to Utah in November came and went too fast.....along with Alex's braids!!!
Our time with Uncle Sam brfore his mission was way too quick! We miss him a LOT!!!
Griffin's blessing came and went without even 1 picture of him in his blessing outfit! Sad!
My time with this little guy is going way too fast!
Griffin having to be swaddled to sleep has come and gone - and now he just passes out when he gets too tired on the couch like the rest of us!
Friends visits always come and go too quick - Thanks Jenny for rescuing me this past week and being SO awesome with my boys - Especially Cash - the toothbrush was sure a hit!
And the love of the Book of Mormon was awesome too - and hopefully is one that won't pass ever for this little guy!
Visit from my favorite sister WAYYYYY TOOOO FASTTT - and yet so much fun and time spent with Suzie at lunch was awesome!

I love you more than you love me forever!
Holiday season always goes quick - but these cookies went even faster!
So much fun taking them to daddy at work and surprising him with our creative skills!
Cash's love for carseats in China has definitely went - as he cries EVERY time we are going in the car, complaining all the time that the sun is bugging him and so is the seat! Wish he would wear these shades more!
Eating healthy this holiday season came and went on DAY 1 --- just enjoying ALL the treats the holidays brings - and oh boy were these cupcakes from Lindsey's calendar no exception!!! They were the best tasting cupcakes I have ever made, and so pretty - and best of all --- SO SO SO SO SO EASY!!!! If you didn't buy her calendar, you are missing out - better get your order in now for 2012!
Pumpkin passion is what I call them because i am really passionate about eating them all up!
Another year of holiday cheer, beautiful tree and lights, and thoughts or our Savior!
Using my camera and testing out settings for some cool pics!
Got my shopping for Christmas done back in October in China - so just enjoying the season now of not having to buy many things and enjoying seeing the joy of presents through my child's eyes!
Thoughts once again of the gift of our Savior's birth we celebrate and how lucky I am to be a member of his church! I love the music, the lessons, and this holiday season when my thoughts are much more centered on Christ's gift to me of choosing to come down and pay the price for each of us! What a beautiful gift and far better than anything I have under the tree!
Merry Christmas - may you all a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

great post! Although I didn't say anything about your awesome parents.

Phyllis said...

I meant, although I didn't SEE anything about your awesome parents.

hillary and britton said...

Hey! I want your cupcake recipe. Cash and griffin are the cutest!