Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Finished the March Madness Challenge

I started it not thinking I would really be able to finish it....and yet, I had to slowly read today to draw out my last few chapters so I could make it last.
I read this book in the month of March, and let me say what a difference it made for me in my life. I found myself longing to read it daily, and many days read more than the required 17 pages. I also found how much better of a mom, wife, and overall person I am when I read it daily. I am so grateful for the blessings I have felt and for the way it has changed me. Also, it was nice to read it so quick so as not to forget what I had read each day - reading it at once made it much more of a story. Now - I need other books for great reading....altho I plan on continuing this challenge for each month this year - hope I can do it!
Other book recommendations welcome!

2 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

Wow! Go Steph!!! That is seriously impressive!

Lisa said...

Way to go Steph!! One of my favorite reads this year is The forgotten garden by Kate Morton. It is a mystery/romance. I loved the way the story unfolded it was unlike any mystery I had ever read. It was surprising and unpredictable.