Wednesday, August 1, 2012

2 Months and a HUGE Milestone!!!

The milestone actually is for me - the mama!  I accomplished something big for me today.  Not only am I in a new city, have 3 little kiddos, have no clue around this area, but I have NEVER ventured to go to a store by myself with all 3 kids.  Today, however, we needed to get out of the house!  Having done nothing much but unpack and organize since Sunday, I decided a much needed trip out was necessary. And we needed a few key items so that made it all the more needed!  I was actually terrified to try it! Ivy seems to cry now every time we get in the car, which just adds stress to my already stressed out driving here in this area of the unknown....and wasn't sure how Griffin would do if I said no and tried to keep hold of him, and I just have kind of wanted to stay locked up in my home and not get out til they are all older! (if only :( )  I was seriously scared is what I am saying.  However, it went actually great!  
I found the Babies R Us and Target without even using my GPS, the kids held hands and Griffin held mine while we walked in, the cart thing somehow worked, we got our stuff, Ivy didn't cry much in the car and hardly at all in the stores, and we made it out in under 2 hours to both stores and got home with a bunch of stuff!  Phew!!! Also we found a fun park to go to tomorrow!  So it was a major success! And I am glad we went!  We even picked up the boys a fun little water table toy thing that Cash and I put together during Griffin's nap and the boys had fun playing with all afternoon!  Here's a cute pic of my little Cashee!  Can't believe how big he is getting!


 Ivy also had a milestone and hit her 2 month mark!  She is so cute and getting so big already!  Hard to believe in just her 2 months of life she has now lived in 3 different states!  What a busy girl!
She is definitely my hardest baby, and yet also my best sleeper at night if that is possible  (both boys were great night sleepers too).  She has recently started sleeping from about 9pm-5:30am and then eating and going back til around 7:30 or 8.  In fact, right now she is better than the boys.  Especially since her one feeding usually is under 10 minutes from the time she wakes up til I put her back in bed!  I wish she was as easy during the day!  She really likes to be held, doesn't much care to be in her car seat, has found her hands and sucks on them, smiles a TON (although I didn't get a pic of that for below today), coos and makes the cutest little kissy and pouty faces.  We are all obsessed with her and how cute her cheeks are - I kiss them ALL day long and just am so in love with her!  I also have an obsession with her feet because she has such pretty toes (a Brown trait).  She has pretty little feet and long toes and they are fun to take pictures of, and I also love the bows on her pants!  She LOVES bathtime, her brother Cash (and someday I am sure will love G too), looking at herself in the mirror, and her swing!  We love her SO much!

























She was done with the pictures here and just wanted to be held! So after this last one we snuggled and I kissed her over and over and got her to smile and coo, but I was so into her I didn't get that part on camera - only the sad!  Soon I will get a pic of her cute smile!  She also smiles a ton in her sleep!  We love you Ivy Jane and have had a great 2 months with you!

1 comment:

Suzie Soda said...

Glad you are settled.....call me sometime. xoxo