Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Life thru a Mom's eyes!!!

For some reason this week has got me down!  Maybe it is the fact that I was struck sunday night with a HORRIBLE stomach bug that kept me soooooo sick all day monday I didn't leave my bed til after 6 pm - I am SOOOO grateful that my sil was here and willing to help me out by watching my kids cuz I couldn't have done it without them.  Or maybe it is the fact that April is almost come and gone this morning and I am just not as close to some of my goals I had set, or maybe the fact my baby is almost 1 and somehow I still look about 5 months pregnant and the excuse of "I just had a baby" is no longer valid, or maybe just the gloomy skies outside that have as winnie the pooh calls it a little black raincloud hanging over me.  But for some reason I feel down.  
Anyways, I have So much to be grateful for and life is good so I will just give some pictures of the happy things to try to cheer myself up, and also to document our last week or 2 here in good ole So Cal!

This little girl is so big and standing up and walking around everything.  She is ALWAYS smiling and is so much fun!  She has started to talk and says "mama, dada, hi, and Cash (yelling it like I do even)!  She mostly just says hi though consistently - and she also waves (usually towards herself) and points with her finger and claps her hands.  Her favorite thing tho is hearing people on the video chat and seeing them and giggling.  She is a master giggler!  It is very fun!

 She also quit nursing last week and it's very handy that she will just drink her own bottle and feed herself!  She pretty much has given up baby food and only prefers the real deal - she loves anything I cook pretty much, especially homemade french bread, and she also LOVES icecream.  Yep she's my girl!  She finally started sleeping through the night consistently this month too so that is nice!


Another of her tricks I am not SUCH a huge fan of is that she is very quick to go up the stairs.  She is good at it and thinks it's a game to get away from mom and go as fast as she can up there.  Since the boys didn't crawl neither of them really ever went up the stairs well so I didn't have to worry, but she is an expert!

 This little guy LOVES junk food and can always find the sweets in the house - here he had finished off a very yummy chocolate donut!  Who can get mad at him for eating their donut when he says "sorry about that mommy" in his cute little voice.  He is so hard to stay mad at because he is so happy and always apologizes like this: "sorry about that mommy! SOrry about that! I still love you too!"  It is pretty funny and I think he has just learned how to be a master manipulator.  He has me!


 We got the kids beds done and in their room - pics to come when it's all decorated - and I splurged and got this chair to go in their reading nook!  It is so perfect and they love it.  I love that they are liking reading and we have started to go to the library once a week to get books and enjoy reading a bunch together!  

 They play really well together these days and are so much fun to watch be kind to the other.  Griff wants to do everything like Cash and I am just grateful that they each have chosen a separate favorite color so we can keep things separated and tell them apart - Griffin's is blue (I think Cash picked it for him) and Cash's is green.  It makes cups, plates, and all other things separated perfectly!  They wanted to do this funny face!


 Little Ivy is just the cutest and her brothers LOVE to play with her, hug her, and make her happy.  They are great examples to them and have taught her how to be tough already!  I am obsessed with dressing her and have to restrain myself every time I go to the store from buying her too many cute outfits!


She has also made us very happy and shows promise in the dancing category - check out her moves - she LOVES to shake and dance any time music comes on and also sings along to songs.  Love it!



 She also has tried swinging and LOVES this too.  So much fun seeing the joy all over her face!

She also doesn't like the feeling of sand on her at all, or her knees scraping the cement apparently and so she has learned a new way to crawl when we go.  Makes me laugh!

 I have taken to flower arranging and practicing for my sisters wedding and this one turned out pretty great I think!

 We had a visit from this little cousin this weekend and I just found these pics from when we were in AZ but Ivy LOVES her cousin Ryland and they are so much fun together.  He teaches her things every time (might be the reason she likes the stairs so much now in fact!)  He is 2 weeks older and they are the cutest little almost one year olds out there I think!

 Love all the expressions!

 Made a berry trifle for Sunday dinner and it looked super pretty.  Easy recipe too!

 White denim and switched out her earrings for the first time since she got them pierced - SO cute!  Thanks Grammy for the hearts!

Playing around!


PURE JOY!

 Drove up to PV for a Sunday drive to this great park with a lighthouse and awesome view of the ocean with Chip's sister's family.  It was so beautiful and I hadn't been there so a great new find! Griffin fell asleep on the way so once he got woken up he never quite got super happy until we were in the car ready to leave again!

 Mom of 3 - living the life!
\


 Panoramic view of the view.  


 Family photo there.  

Less than 10 hours later from this shot is when I awoke feeling like I was on my death bed, but the weekend was good before, we had a great time with family, I am so proud of Chip's sisters for completing their Ragnar race and then had fun hanging with them and having them in my RS lesson Sunday.  So overall life is great.....
I just gotta get myself outta my funk!
Happy Day!

No comments: