Monday, April 15, 2013

Off To the Races...

I really feel like I am running a race EVERY day and somehow NEVER getting to the finish line.  This year is just flying by and I am trying to stay caught up, trying to do a lot of things, and yet somehow it is still slipping by!  However, life is GREAT!!!  Really it couldn't be better and I am so content (for the most part right now)!  I actually did run a race 2 weekends ago and it was so much fun!  Thanks to my beautiful SIL Emily for convincing me to run with her and train and get me jumpstarted again on working out.  She has moved in with us and that is probably one reason life is SOOOOO good right now!  I feel like every day is a party when she is around, no matter if we are just cleaning, running errands, cooking, or doing the other normally boring mom things!  It is so awesome having another pair of hands around and she is like super woman - ALWAYS cleaning, helping cook, tending the kids etc. I seriously might die if she leaves any time soon!  Also, we have so much fun talking and hanging out that it really does feel like a party all the time.  I am happy she has a new job but also am sad because I want to just hang out with her all the time too!  Anyhow, our house is full of love and happiness with her added to it.

We got our numbers!! Em ran the half marathon and I ran the 10K.  It was not the easiest course but it was a good run!

 Still not sure at this point I really am wanting to run!


 Here we are at 5:30 am on Hollywood Blvd - ready to run!!!  

 Cash wanted to take a picture with the medal - which he now claims is his!  Then he told me he would take a pic of me for me if I wanted, but he needed the medal back afterwards - how nice of him!


 My family didn't make it in time to see me cross the finish line - 7 am is pretty early to have 3 kids and make it to I guess, but they did however show up before Em crossed for the half marathon!  Here we are enjoying the post-race chaos!

 Our cheering squad - ivy is here just in the stroller right there!

 This little girl is constantly on the go and is so much fun right now!  She also dances anytime the music comes on - as in right here and makes us all smile!

 Daddy woke up with this shiner one morning last week - thanks to a head butt from Griffin he now looks like he is wearing pretty purple eyeshadow each day!


 Cash started school this last week again and I worked in the classroom that week so Griffin got to come participate too!  We love his school and Miss Gina his teacher.  


Daddy took off a few days last week to work on the beds and finish other house projects but we did take an afternoon off and go to Knottsberry Farm - the boys love it and it was SO MUCH fun watching them laugh and giggle on the rides.  Chip is a big kid at heart and so he got to ride a bunch with the kiddos too since I was a little nauseated from the big rollercoasters (my first time riding them since before Cash was born and I got a little sick - which I NEVER get sick on them so was a little sad.....then realized it was a supplement I had taken that was causing it - phew!)  Next time I can ride the big ones hopefully!




 Here is one pic of the HUGE project Chip took on - the fact that they are done and look great and up in the room shows that we can make it through anything - we joke they caused more marital fights, stress, frustration, etc than anything we have faced over the past year - SOOOO happy they are done!  And so is Chip!  He is a perfectionist so they look SO AMAZING!

Excited to decorate the room and get everything else up to go with them - will post pics of the new room soon!


 I haven't met my little niece Emma yet  but I am constantly getting pictures of her and updates and videochatting and am counting down the days til I get to snuggle those cheeks!  Can't stop laughing at her cute little pout she has going on!


The biggest thing of this past week has been Chip getting called into our Bishopric on Sunday.  He is the 2nd counselor and it was a huge surprise to us, but I know he will do great.  He is such a good example to me of being a good church member and I am so grateful he is worthy, willing, and wants to serve.  His parents came over so his dad could ordain him to be a high priest and support him when he was called and it was great having them! We love you Chippi! (wish me luck taking care of the 3 kiddos in sacrament meeting each week alone now!)

 He also finished painting this little table and Ivy loved crawling in it all yesterday.  

 Happiest little girl EVER!

 My favorite girl!  I can't get enough of her smile and cute personality! Even though she cut 5 teeth last week she was still this happy every day, and also managed to learn to sleep through the night every night for the past 5 days!  Loving the good sleep again!


 I came home to this pretty sight today after dropping Cash off for school - Emma and Ivy snuggled up sleeping on the couch!  I am jealous!

So life is good, and keeps getting better!  Bring on this week!  Hopefully we can get all the stuff done and play A LOT!!!!  Have a great day!


1 comment:

KaLee said...

Congrats to Chip! As an experienced "alone sitter" in sacrament meeting (ha!) my advice is to only bring things that the kids can do completely on their own. I bring a separate bag for each of the older two kids and they know that they can only play with what is in their bag (they are pretty much identical anyway). My bags consist of a Friend magazine for them to look through. A spiral bound notebook (the less loose paper the better), a Bible coloring book (I found them at JoAnn's of all places) crayons and a few sheets of stickers. That is it. After 6+ months of experimenting, this seems to work best for us. Then I spend my time concentrating on Devynee and don't have to hassle with the older kids. Oh, and we also don't let them get into the bag until after the young men sit down after the sacrament. It helps to have to anticipate. :) Hope this helps!