Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Inside the house.....Featured room 1....welcome to the dining room

I have decided to highlight one room of our house each day....partly because all the rooms are not decorated, partly because some rooms are messy, and partly because I figure you don't want to see a ton of pictures all at once of each room in our house. The dining room is where we eat all our meals, as the breakfast nook has not been decorated yet, and is where we entertain our weekly guests (Chip invites someone every Sunday for dinner). We love the high square table we bought from Beth and Jordan, as well as the fruit bowl my grandparents brought back from guatamala (Chip originally made fun of it and yet it was his idea to put it on display). Also, I had plans of storing all of Chip's Van Gogh paintings in the attic, and yet with his persuasion realized how perfectly it did fit the room. And so, it is our only wall hanging at the moment. We are still looking for another piece for the other wall, as well as something for the two little nooks you will see. Enjoy the tour.






This view is from the kitchen, and shows the beauitful arches that make up all the entrances, and features the one painting we have in there.





This is from the living room, and also has an arch entrance, and shows the other wall we need to fill and one of the little nooks (indented) that also needs something --- any ideas or tips on what to do there would be happily accepted.








A closer view of the tall black table, beautiful crown molding on the wall, and once again, the painting. I am also thinking of hanging some long drapes in the two corners by the window.







A close view of our table decorations (notice the fruit). I loved the bright colors of the placemats and used my Culinary Craft experience to help with the napkin design, and it was because of these the colors were decided on for this room.





One more shot of our great table, which came with 8 chairs --- yeah!!!



We are super happy with this room, and it feels bright and cheery. Stay tuned for featured room 2 tomorrow.


STEPHANIE





5 comments:

Lily said...

Love the table and the Van Gogh looks great. That bowl is cool...your grandparents are so cute:)

Lisa said...

Steph the pictures of your dining room look great. I love the table that you got. I want a pub table too. I like the higher up table and then you can use the chairs as bars stools too. I have a suggestion for the decorative opening. Have you seen those tiles with writing on them. We have one that says Christ is the center of our home. You could put something like that there.

Josh Robbins said...

This is Courtney and I was just informed about this blog thing so here comes my comments. The house looks great. I'm happy to hear that everything is turning out so wonderful and beautiful. However, have you considered putting pictures of you and Chip? Twenty different shots of the table is good, twenty different shots of actual people would be better. Just a thought...

The Reichmans said...

Stephie, your house is beautiful! I am so excited to keep up with your new life in NC. I am going to visit Rebecca some time in the near future so I will have to come visit you while I am out!

Phyllis said...

Steph, just to clarify, your grandparents did NOT bring you the fruit from Guatemala. Your PARENTS did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you like them.

Mom