Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Little Treasures

So today, after waking up from my 12 hour night's sleep and saying bye to Chip as he left for work, I came out into the family room to do what I normally do each morning --- check my email and watch the morning news. However, when I went to turn on the TV I saw exactly what you see -- a piece of paper taped to the TV, with my name on it. I guess Chip knows my ritual all to well too, as he put it in the one place I would be sure to see it.


I picked it up, not knowing what to expect to find written inside, but knowing what probably should be written --- I haven't been feeling to well lately and have been a little cranky and not so easy to get along with, as well as failing to do some of the jobs that need to be done around the house; thus, what it should have said was something to the effect of being happier and asking if at least a few of the items could be done before he returned home from his long day at work.

However, what it did say was how sorry he was I wasn't feeling well, and then telling me everything he appreciates that I do get done and loves about me. It was a very TENDER moment reading it, and yet put the biggest smile on my face. Although I woke up feeling sick and like I couldn't do much today, I all of a sudden had a surge of energy and felt like I was on top of the world. I am so grateful for a husband who knows me so well and is so patient with me when I am less than easy to get along with. I am so lucky and hope he knows how much I love him. This was the best present . What a TREASURE to me and a great start to my day.


STEPHANIE

2 comments:

Lily said...

Oh! Way to go Chippers! What a kind and thoughtful husband. Stephers, I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa said...

Chip you are a great husband. You guys still sound like newlyweds. Keep that quality in your marriage. Steph is there a reason behind why you are feeling so sick. Do you have something to tell me........?