Sunday, July 15, 2007

Up and running...

So the reason for this title is I am just figuring out how this works, and after being inspired from some of my friends am trying to get my creative juices flowing and get our site up and running. It is a nice way to keep in touch with everyone, as well as keeping a journal for us of what is going on in our lives. I am not one who is artsy at all when it comes to this, so any tips from those who seem to be experts, such as SHE SHE would definitely be welcomed. But anyhow, a quick rundown of what we have been up to this past week.



Yesterday was packed with many exciting things. First, we went to a baptism for some new converts in our ward. Aqueesha (mom), Jalen (10), and Jasmine (9), were all baptized yesterday. Chip gave a talk and it was a very touching experience. As my first convert baptism, I didn't know what to expect and was surprised at how much emotion and touched I was to be in attendance. It was truly a blessing and a beatiful family. Funny thing was, noone brought any towels for them, so after they were all baptized they were waiting in the dressing room until we found some. Since Chip and I live right across the street I dashed home to get some, only to come back and find someone had been called and already there. Other than that, it was flawless and they looked beautiful. Below is a picture of Jalen, Jasmine, and their younger brother with the two missionaries right after the baptism.







Elder Robbins, Elder Hovermale, Jalen, Jasmine, and younger brother
After the baptism, we rushed back to finish up what we had started earlier that day.....buying our new car. After months of debating which car to get, and trying to find the car that fit our color requirements, we finally bought the exact car we both wanted. A black 2007 Nissan Altima with charcoal interior. It is the smoothest riding car I have ever owned, and I am very excited because Chip said it was mine to drive to work each day. Wahoo!!!







At the dealership, getting the license plate put on









Chip ready to take our new ride to church


Me, a proud new owner of our new car



A little peak at the inside...more later...
After we got done buying the car, we rushed to the ward potluck dinner for a few minutes before heading out to a luau celebration with some of our ward friends, where many people had come over from Hawaii to be a part of the program. Dancers from the polynesian cultural center in Hawaii put on a show, including the world champion fire dancer. It was an awesome experience, with great food, including a delicious watermelon coconut drink....one of Chip's new favorites!

The world champion firedancer in action!!!


It was a full day, and also included a match of early morning tennis and a trip to Costco --- always a lengthy and enjoyable experience. (Costco is about 1/2 hour away from us, so we don't go as much as we used to). After the luau we headed back home, tired and worn out from our day. However, I had found out I was teaching the entire YW -- beehives, mia maids, and laurels, and so had to finish up my lesson and make a few adjustments. I was the only leader in the YW today. Thus, it was a little stressful, but I made it through. For now, that is all.... but hopefully I will be back with more soon. I am liking playing around with this fun webpage. I promise to improve.

Stephanie







3 comments:

Andrew said...

Steph & Chip - I can't believe you got your car. That is so funny. It is the exact one that you used to rave about in the lab. That is awesome. NC looks really pretty. Hope you're not killing yourself at your job Chip. But I thought I'd let you know that I found a great excel shortcut the other day that you may already know about - ctrl page up/down switching between worksheets in a workbork. Wow, what a bunch of accounting nerds. See ya

Lindsey Lee said...

Super exciting Steph!! Im pumped you joined the blogging world! NOw we can keep in touch even more! Ill be checking in often...and by the way, don't be thinking im some kind of blog pro..because i get lots of my creativity from other people too!

Lisa said...

Your new car looks awesome. We hope to be getting a new car soon too. We are growing out of our little Honda. We really want a Nissan Pathfinder. It sounds like you have been busy but are having a great time. It is cool that you saw the Polynesian fire show. I have fun memories of watching it with you in Hawaii. We will have to go back together someday.