Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday's Friend

Today my Friday's Friend is...........


Meet: My BFF Lindsey Christensen
Age: 27
Birthday: May 12

What is something you wish you did in HS but never got to?
I never got to be a cheerleader and never got to date a football player, it was so sad. I actually had a lot of fun while it lasted, and I am glad I don't have to go back.

What is your favorite quote?
I am sure there are a lot of spiritual, motivational, and uplifting quotes that I like or have motivated me in life. There are also a lot of great movie and TV quotes that have made my day, but I don't have one that I live by or that I can even recall right off hand.

What is something interesting that most people don't know about you?
I had plans to get married and start a family when I was 20, I even wrote out a schedule of how many kids I wanted and when I wanted to have them, I think I should have four by now. But I am almost 28, I got married when I was 25 and we have no kids, and I have no regrets I couldn't be happier with the way life has panned out.

What is your most favorite treat?
Tres Leches, it's delicious and if I am eating it I most likely will have just eaten a yummy pork burrito at Cafe Rio. I also love sour patch kids and smoothies.


What is 1 goal you have that you will complete by your birthday of this year?
To hang up pictures and decorate our bedroom, the guestroom and the family room. I just want the house to feel complete.

What is something that you can't go a day without doing?
Well there are the everyday necessities like eating, sleeping, praying, brushing my teeth etc. I don't know that I have any daily quirks or routines. I guess right now it seems like I can't go a day without checking out the blog world...


What I admire most about Lindsey!
Lindsey is one of the hardest workers I have ever met. Working with her at Culinary Crafts (and also Training Table but I have tried to block those memories out) I saw first hand at what a hard worker she is. When she takes on a job, she does it right - no matter how much work it is or how hard it might be. Whether it be washing all the pots and pans til they are 100% sparkling clean, or picking up that last piece of trash at an event, or making sure the presentation of something was the very best it could be - she always gives 110%. She puts in a full effort at everything she does, and often when I would want to cut corners (especially at work) I would look over and see Lindsey working away and it would motivate me to be a little better! Also, she always does her work with such a good attitude. Anyone who knows Linds knows she is always up for a good time - she can change plans at a minute's notice, is super spontaneous, and is always fun to be around. She helps everyone have a good time and just having her around makes everything way more fun! She has truly taught me the meaning of "work hard, play hard".

My Favorite Memory with Lindsey!!!

I have SO many memories and fun times with Lindsey, but one of my most favorite memories over the past years occurred when we lived together and shared a room. We went to different schools, and had different schedules, and yet at the end of every day we would lie in our beds in the dark and just talk about things! We can talk about anything and everything! We talked about school, work, boys, dating, church callings, people that were bugging us, things going on in our families - just everything! It was always nice to have someone to share your deepest secrets with and who would always listen and/or give advice when needed! I used to look forward to coming home and just having talk time with Linds. I have many fond memories of those days - thanks Linds for being the best roommate and friend I could ever ask for! Luv you!!!

I have know Lindsey since I was 11 years old. Although when I first moved to Provo we weren't friends - in fact, she was very mean to me and hated me for reasons I won't post, we did become great friends in HS and have been best friends ever since. We lived just a few houses away, have our birthdays 3 days apart, and pretty much hung out every day for years or at least talked on the phone. I lived at her house for 1 semester in college and feel her family is my own too. Her family is SO FUN to hang out with and I loved feeling a part of it. Also, our parents are best friends, so that is something fun too!!! She is my favorite person to work out with, has the funniest sense of humor and can make anyone laugh, is a super great teacher and so creative, can usually figure out how to fix anything, is a great cook.....all except Mac n Cheese (sorry Linds - but we all seem to get sick when you make that), and is just the bestest friend ever! I love you Linds - thanks for being my BFF!!!

One of my favorite nights - dressing up for '80's prom!

Having fun on a trip to Vegas!

Bridesmaids at Danielle's reception....pretending to get a drink!!!

My maid of honor and me at my wedding!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, thanks Stephie, I really miss you. I was lauging because I remember being mean but I don't remember why. I am glad I got over it and you forgave me for starting the no stephanie club :)
Love ya tons

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

i luv your friends post, it is a great idea, super cute and fun to read! aren't true friends amazing and can be at times, hard to come by when they are this legit!?! *cami