Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's True.........I really did get to meet him!



Some people didn't believe me when I said I was going to David Archuleta's concert! They definitely didn't believe me when I said I might get to meet him! So here is the proof! Believe it now folks, I have got the picture to prove it! Here is how it all went down!

One of my BGF (best girlfriend) Kendra is his pianist on the tour. They were coming to Richmond and she got us tickets to come to the show. Chip was going to come with me, but he had to work so I called my BFF Jen from NC and she came up to go with me. I got a babysitter for Cash and Bryson, and we set off for the show.

Kendra texted me early in the afternoon asking if I could please go to the store and pick up stuff for David's throat. It was swollen and they were worried about his voice for the show. Of course I went off in search of everything on the list. When we got there we got to go backstage and this is when we met him. We gave him the bag of goodies to help, talked for a few minutes, and got this picture. He was so nice and sweet and just seems down to earth and a good teenage kid. We told him there were tons of people and how they were so excited to see him and that seemed to get him excited. (while waiting to perform he was backstage watching idol - love it!)

When he spoke to us he could barely speak, and I really wondered how he would be able to come out and sing, and yet he delivered an AMAZING concert! He sang straight for 1.5 hours, and was so good. His voice is so pure and he is just awesome live! I thought he was great on idol - well he is even better live! I don't know if I have had that much fun in a long time! My favorite song was called Somebody Out There - which he wrote with the guitarrist named Mike! I also liked a duet he did with Kendra a LOT! The whole thing was simply spectacular!

After the show we got to go hang out with Kendra on the bus! It was SO MUCH FUN seeing how they travel and learning more about the tour. We got to meet the band players - who are all AWESOME, and also hilarious to be around, and it made me want to be a part of it all!! Each one of them is so talented and they work great together! It was great to catch up with Kendra, talk about life, learn about what she does on tour, and just hang out. It was over too fast, but it was a great night! Thanks Kendra for making us feel like VIP at the event and introducing us to your cool peeps!

I can't say enough about how talented Kendra is! She is just so awesome, beautiful on the inside and out, funny, great performer, unbelievable musician, great singer, and above all great friend. I had so much fun!

Also, the drive too and from was great to be able to catch up with Jen - we always have a blast and it had been over a month since we last hung out - so WAY too LONG in my mind - so thanks Jen for making the trip up to hang with me, even though it was just for 1 night!



Kendra: the girl that made the night possible for us!

My BFG Kendra after the show in the bus!

My BFF Jen in the bus

Finally hanging out again.............after way too long!


I LOVED her boots - so had to get a pic!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

So awesome. I love him. Sounds like a great night. Miss you!

MYHowderFamily said...

How fun for you girls! Looks like it was a fun and how many young women are jealous of you and Jenn here in NC! LOL!!! I'll have to show Morgan the photos. Miss you.

Lily said...

Woot woot! Love David A and love you, glad you had a blast! What a fun time!

Suzie Soda said...

You are famous and you are my niece. You can always say you went and got David A his cough drops. Not quite like kissing Elvis.....but close:) xoxoxoxo

Brannon and Jen said...

This was so Fun! You explained it perfectly! What a blast I will not soon forget!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

sounds like a blast and happy you got to catch up with your girlfriends, super fun! *cami

Iris Arredondo Whitlock said...

Ahhh, how fun glad you got to do an awesome GNO!!

Amy and Clark said...

Very very cool!

Jess Perry said...

So cool...you met a rock star! Cash is getting so big and you look amazing miss!