Monday, February 23, 2009

Kids are more like their parents then we think!!!



Cash is now 6 months old, and is more fun then ever!!! I have been making mental lists lately of all the things I love about him. As I was thinking about them, I realize that he is more like me than I thought. Here is the list:

Cash LOVES bathtime....and splashes and kicks the ENTIRE time
He likes having his fingernails and toenails clipped - and sits quietly and still while I cut them!
He loves snuggling with his blankie to go to sleep - and if you put the blanket next to his face he won't even cry when you leave, and is asleep within 2 minutes of putting him in his bed!
He loves his exersaucer and jumperoo and just being up and moving around
Cash LOVES parties and is a social butterfly (he is SO good anywhere we go)
Cash loves to watch dance videos with me; if he is fussy and I turn on a video of someone in my family he will watch it quietly and LOVES the music)
He loves any music and sings along in his cute little babble voice in the car!
He loves his Daddy and watching him get ready in the morning and playing peek-a-boo
Cash doesn't fuss at all when he is being dressed
He loves his mommy's jewelry - especially earrings and necklaces
He loves books
CASH LOVES ICECREAM (am I a horrible mommy for giving him a little sometimes?)


eating YUMMY icecream cone


All of these reasons, (plus many more), are what I LOVE about little Cash right now! He is so fun and such a good little baby! And I LOVE icecream too, so was delighted that despite him hating any babyfood I give him, at least I know he likes some food!

Today while I was thinking of how he is like me in all these things I started to reflect on the ways that I am like my mom, and more the ways that I wish I was more like my mom. Here is the list:

I wish I was more productive each day like she is: I don't know of anyone who can fit as much into a 24-hour period as she does!
I wish I was as good of a cook as she is, and that I would get up and get breakfast made and dinner made for my family each day like she does!
I wish I had her legs - she has NEVER had cellulite a day of her life!
I wish I had the spiritual insight and was as good of a teacher as she is!
I wish I was as confident about things as she is!
I wish I was as smart as she is!
I wish I was as skinny as she is - had 6 kids and only 130 lbs. pretty impressive!!!
I wish I was as good of a mommy to my little boy as she was to me!!!
I wish I were with her today or could talk to her today to tell her Happy Birthday and how much I love her and am glad that she is my "mommy"!

Happy Birthday Mom - I hope you have a great relaxing day in Mexico! I love you!

It is amazing as we reflect on our families how much we are like our parents, or our children are like us - in some ways it is scary how alike we really are! What are ways that you are like your parents, or your kids are like you?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Cash is so sweet! I love his little blue and brown outfit? Where did you get it at?(just in case I have another boy) Don't feel bad that you gave him some ice cream. Mckenna was four months old when we gave her some. Some babies just don't like baby food. Just keep trying though because he could change his mind. Can't wait to see you both in a week! We need to go shopping at the outlet together.

Lily said...

What a good little boy Casharoo is and what a good momma you have! Love you and your family!

merathon said...

well of course you made that ice cream in your ice cream maker with your milk that you pumped, right? :)

Kimmy Shimmy Jr. said...

that is such a cute post steph!!! i love it! you are such a great mom for cash and he is so lucky to have you!!!
xoxoxoxox

Steve and Amanda said...

Cash is adorable. I will share my ice cream with him the next time I see him!!! How are you guys? I am glad the routine is working out for you. I would say the bouncing in his jumper thing was making him TOO tired which ALWAYS backfires. routines are GREAT!!! Camryn and Trent are sharing a bedroom (bunkbeds) now. The LOVE it and so do I because I put them to bed and they don't ask for me to lay with them!!! Now the nursery is available for #3!!!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

He is just too cute I wanna see him in person and play with him. About the baby food...are you giving him food from jars? Cuz Ryder hated all that stuff too unless it was bananas or something fruity and sweet. I don't blame him. Have you tasted that stuff? It's crap. Plus it has fillers in it for longer shelf life so they really aren't that good for baby. My sister gave me her baby food grinder and I just started buying canned fruits and vegetables. At Wal-Mart you can get canned fruits without added sugar or heavy syrup. If you don't have a grinder just use your blender. I bet Cash would like it a lot better. Ryder sure did!

Smithclan said...

I want to be more like your mom too! She is a wonderful example of how to be. I think about that all the time! I'm so glad I know her. BTW Steph, you are great mom too!