Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sometimes it goes too fast.........

So I am realizing more and more how fast life really goes to fast. While there are some things that seem to go way to slow - as in getting over a cold, being done with this crazy cleanse, and waiting for the days to pass til my next trip somewhere, other things go so quickly I can barely remember how they were.

I have been thinking a lot lately how I am just in such a good time of life right now and I don't want the days I spend at home with little Cash to go away. I don't want to be thinking and worried about the dishes that need to be done in the sink, the house that needs picking up, the place we are moving to and packing up, etc etc. I just want to concentrate on spending time playing with him and soaking in all the little moments that are so precious every day!

I am enjoying immensely the joy that comes from staying at home just being a mommy.......altho that is a very BIG understatement I know! JUST being a mommy is the HUGEST job in the world! My job at B of A was way easier! However, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I love reading books, rolling around on the carpet, crawling, walking with those tiny fingers holding onto mine, getting a giggle when I snuggle my head into his little tummy, taking him to the store and having everyone comment, having a little buddy all the time, going swimming and seeing his cute happiness from the water, and being there for all the other firsts. I can't believe how quickly this first year is slipping away. I just want to freeze time and soak it all in even more!

He will be 10 months this month and is just finally getting his first tooth. Although normally not a snuggly baby at all - yesterday all he wanted to do was snuggle up to me and lay and sleep in my arms. At first I was annoyed because I had things I had planned on getting done; however, then I realized how truly precious this time is and that everything else can wait! I am going to try to enjoy these precious moments as they come more because life truly does go to fast!


enjoying the moment of snuggle time - altho sad for his poor hurting gums!

Waiting for daddy after church

hmmm.....love that little expression of something sparking his interest!

cute little toes finally resting on the grass - he doesn't ever like it at first!

funny foot issue with grass!



Kevin - these are for you!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Speaking of all this busyness, when are you moving? Let me know and I'll help you pack or move boxes or whatnot.