Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AWESOME REALIZATION

So I had this overwhelming epiphane yesterday as I was in my house!
I have been blessed to be able to make the GREATEST friends in the whole world (literally) wherever we go!

Moving a lot (understatement) has allowed me to meet many different people and altho I am always terrified and worry about not having friends and not fitting in at the new places, things have always worked out and I have met the greatest people and just keep expounding my friend circles and just seem to get more and more bestest friends!!!!

Yesterday I was feeling particularly loved from both friends back home in VA and friends here in China!

First - my awesome friends in VA skyped me in for the finale of The Bachelor.........ALL 3 hours!!!! It was morning for me, and night for them, and since I used to host it every week at my house I was really sad to be missing it.....and they made it possible to be a part of the party!!! What a great group of friends - I really miss you guys!

Second - Chip called yesterday and told me i HAD to get a dr. apt here in china so I can get a note saying I am 20 weeks pregnant so the embassy won't reject my VISA and send me home next week. I called a new friend here for a number - and she did SO MUCH MORE!!!!! She gave me the info I needed to make the appointment, and then way above and beyond, and offered to bring her 2 year old over and watch Cash while I went to it - it is a 40 minute drive over to my place. And beyond that, it is her son's naptime too so she said she would just bring a pack and play and put him down, and even more - so I could get there easily she said she would have her driver take me so I didn't have to figure it out on my way! She acted like this was NO BIG DEAL! but let me tell you, to me - it was a HUGE deal!!!! She has been SO kind and helped make my transfer over here so much easier! She is fun, cute, and a super good friend already in the short 2 weeks since we arrived!

These 2 instances yesterday made me so overwhelmed with love from others and just gave me such a great appreciation for good friends! I realize that wherever we move (which at the rate we are going could be LOT in our lifetime) we find great friends, and there are just great people everywhere! I am someone who needs to be social and have activities and so I am grateful to be able to meet and make such great friends ALL over the world!

I want to say thanks to all my friends for all your love, support, advice, encouragement, listening ear, party time fun, and everything else - I LOVE you guys!!!!

8 comments:

Adria said...

I'm so glad you have found a support group. You find good friends because you are a good friend. People see that in you right away.

Hilary said...

You have so many friends wherever you go because you are such a good friend, silly :)

Phyllis said...

I totally agree with the other comments. You are great yourself. Im so happy someone helped you! Makesme want to do something for someone.

Melissa said...

I haven't checken your blog for a while. I typed it in wrong on my blog, but I fixed it. First, congratulations on having another boy!! Second. Im so glad you have good friends. Im not suprised you make friends where every you go, your so fun and nice and cute, how could you not! Friends really are such a blessing. Third. it sounds like china is an adventure. What a cool opportunity!

Tracy Peterson said...

We were so happy to have you watch The Bachelor with us (even though we were mad he chose Viena)! We miss you so much!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

We love you Steph! It was so fun to have you at the bachelor with us :) Thank heavens for technology!

The Jones said...

I found your blog from cjane, and hope you dont mind I took a peak...I am very intrigued about how life will be in China?!! Wow, huge change, adjustment and all of that! Ill be checking back I'm sure just to see how it is going! Good luck, enjoy the adventure!!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

I feel a little jealous because although I would pee my pants if we had to move, it would be so great. I think when you move away you make friends like you never would otherwise. I'm happy that you aren't feeling alone and crying in a closet somewhere (that's what I would do.) It also makes me want to be that kind of person who would drive 40 minutes to help someone out. She rocks! ps-please don't get kicked out of china without your hubby.