Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week of crazyness - so much to do here!

This last week has flown by.
Besides being able to cancel the Dr. apt. because the agency accepted my VISA so I can stay in China and not get deported back home....we have also been busy with playgroups, shopping at the outdoor fruit and veggie markets, trying new restaurants, seeing some cool tourist things and braving the overly crowded metros (due to a big conference this week).

The highlights of the week tho:
Going to THE PLACE (an awesome indoor play area for kids) - CASH was in heaven and screamed and kicked when we had to leave! It was so fun and nice to be inside out of the cold for a few hours. It has been really REALLY windy and cold so touring hasn't been happening as much - but it will once we see some sunlight! However, this little place was awesome, with a very cool balloon room that was the big hit! Cash had a great time with his new friends Tate and Nora. Thanks Ash for taking us! (we will be getting passes to this for lots of future trips)!

Cash in balloon room - his fav! (fans blow the balloons every which way)
i caught one mama!
running wild
on the slide
cash and tate playing in pool trampoline area! I thought my brother was joking when he said that kids here wear pants with slits in the crotches so they can just pee and poop wherever! Well folks - it is legit - i saw it with my own eyes. Thank heavens all the kids at the play area had diapers on........but as we were walking to the subway, we saw a kid's bare bum pop out of his slit! I find these outfits disgusting. Worse, I learned that AYI's our here (aka nanny) let the kids pee in the sandboxes, so looks like we won't be playing in those this summer! We also saw an AYI at the bead market just pull down a 2 year olds pants and had her pee in the garbage can - GROSS!!! And the craziest story of all from bowel experiences this week: Chip saw a cab driver, yes a grown man, hop out of his cab and just pee on the sidewalk right outside his office - and he works on one of the busiest streets in Beijing! Definitely different standards than America! I promised a picture of meat - so here it is - notice the pig's feet just sitting out waiting for someone to dig through them - and this meat looks better than a LOT!!! I ONLY buy meat where it is wrapped, from the western market - an American grocery store! Don't want to get sick! Since it was SO cold this weekend we decided to go to a tourist place that was indoors and fun for Cash! We took him to the new children's toy store - it is 4 stories and has TONS of toys, activities, etc etc. The highlight for Cash: the car in the picture below! He loved it! The highlight for me: the new lightweight stroller we bought there - it is awesome, and altho a bit spendy i think it will be great for getting us around the city, esp as my belly grows so i don't have to carry Cash everywhere. Sidenote: things here are iether really REALLY cheap, or super high end expensive - not much in the middle! Different for us! We also went to Wal-mart last night - always and adventure - to get some more items such as an iron, crock pot, and more rugs for the bathrooms. Cash got a music set and he LOVES his drum!


Finally, I made a decision about getting AYI (nanny). At first I had planned on getting one, and my neighbor lined me out with hers since she was moving and she has such a good one - this AYI cooks, cleans, does ALL the shopping, irons, does laundry, and watches the kids....I mean, why wouldn't I want her, right? I know, some might think I am crazy - and yet I decided I didn't want to get an AYI. I enjoy doing these things (well, not ALl of them), but I am a stay-at-home mom and I love it! Although it would be easier not having to take Cash everywhere, and having someone to pick up after us - I decided I will find joy in the journey of doing all this with Cash by my side! He is my buddy, my adventure partner, and my bestest little pal during the day! He likes to get out of the house too and we have fun goether!


Besides -who could stand to leave this cute face all the time! (he is showing off his cute puffy vest we got at teh silk market!)

So, more adventures to come this week - we have a lot planned! Also, a belly pick since I realized I am now 21 weeks and over halfway done and don't have any pics up yet.


4 comments:

Phyllis said...

You sound so happy. That makes me happy. Glad you are able to try so many new things. Really excited about your decision to be the mom in every way. It would be easier for you to have help, it's true. But the joy really is in the journey, and being with Cash IS so great. Proud of you and your choices. You are a great mother!!! I can't stop smiling about you. And the pictures of Cash were great. I'm excited about seeing a picture of you, though. Hopefully not the same type as other pregnancy pictures we have seen!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy and Clark said...

Steph, you are amazing. So glad that you and Cash are exploring China, standing up for the right place to go to the bathroom, and having lots of fun. I'm dying to come visit.

Tracy Peterson said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun! I can't believe how big Cash has gotten already! Miss you!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

can we get a pass too?? love you ;)