Monday, March 22, 2010

Top 11 things of past couple weeks....

So with my Iphone being stolen went a lot of my most recent pictures....but wanted to post a few random thoughts anyways about what has happened the past couple of weeks in our life so I don't forget them! In no particular order, 10 new occurences:

1. Found out Chip and I both enjoy Thai food - including curry and pad thai noodles (we both thought we hated curry) We found a great restaurant and have been 2 times in the past week!

2. Cash has 2 new words he loves to use: Delicious and Excellent (he learned the latter from our chinese tutor)

3. Made some new great friends that moved into our building last week - Cash loves Coy (the 5 year old girl) and is learning to get along with Kees (the 2 year old boy). Chip even went up for sunday breakfast yesterday to watch the BYU game with them before church! They are totally fun!

4. Spoke in our branch here and succeeded at filling the entire meeting just the 2 of us (1/2 hour talks almost each!)

5. Finally made something other than spaghetti as far as cooking goes - after 1 month of that being my only meal - I made chicken fajitas and a great stir fry I invented!

6. Worked out for the first time at our gym and had an interesting experience. First, they said I shouldn't do anything to strenuous because I am pregnant, then they brought be water as soon as I got on my eliptical machine (thought this was really nice until I took a drink and almost choked - it was really warm water - gross), then after 10 minutes I noticed a guy standing and hiding behind the TV of the machine next to me. I knew he was staring, and as if that wasn't awkward enough he started taking pictures of me with his phone! Hello - I am a white lady who is big and pregnant and is sweating on a work out machine - totally NOT glamourous at all - and definitely not a picture worthy moment in my mind!

7. Discovered that even saying the word Nursery at home to Cash causes an absolute breakdown from him - he HATES it here and had a really hard week going this sunday - the room is WAY too small for all the kids, it is extremely hot, in a bad location and he just refuses to go now!!!

8. A friend of mine out here went to her Dr. this last week and she is due tomorrow with her little boy. She got the very sad news that the cord was in a knot around his neck and he wasn't alive. So sad for her - she was over 39 weeks and is totally devastated! We are really sad for her loss. Her little girl just turned 2 and we were at her birthday party talking about how excited she was for a little boy! It seems so unfair and is really a sad thing in our branch out here! My heart goes out to her!

9. I was introduced to a delicious jaouzi (potsticker) place at our favorite kid place and now have a weekly outing to let the kids play and eat there for lunch with some friends!

10. Chip had his first all nighter at the office - came home at 6:15 am on Satruday after going to the office at 8:30 am on Friday -- I love you my work-a-holic hubby! (and miss you)

11. My dad was made Bishop of his ward in Provo and I am so happy cuz I know he will be so great. He is such a great example and such a good man and I know he and our family will be blessed! I love you dad, you are one of my biggest heroes!

Well, life is good here, and except all the crazy dust storms and very polluted skies right now we are really enjoying our time here!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

So so sad about your friend. My heart really goes out to her. This happened to my brother and wife 2 weeks before her due date. And my neighbor in Illinois.we were both due at the same time when Clayton was born..... And some other friends I know. So so sad and hard.I will say some prayers for her even though I don't know her. I talked to your mom today. xoxoxo

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I think I knew about all of those except for the nursery thing. That stinks! I hope you can somehow get him to like it. That's your one free break a week!!!