Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nursery Madress and a Child's prayer!!!

So there was something i was SO looking forward to for the past 6 months....
the day my child went into the nursery!!!

However, the transition here has been anything but smooth! My once eager to leave my side for the kitchen or other toys in the room little guy decided he now hates nursery. He cries if I mention it, and if i do go with him the second the door opens he thinks i am leaving and starts crying and wants me to pick him up.

Well, this last week I figure out why. i think i would cry too if I were him. This last week I was asked to help out - and thus I got to see what my little guy endures each week!

First - there are hardly any good toys to play with for the kids.
Second, the room is SO small and SO SO SO hot that even the kids look like they have heat stroke at the end of the 2 hours. (i think i really did have it)
Third - they can't open the door because it faces a main hall and the kids start crying and screaming to get out, so we are trapped inside in the heat!
Fourth - new leaders got called, and altho they are really sweet and nice people, they have NO clue how to handle kids, the lesson was WAY over any 2 year old's level, they didn't bring snacks (thank heavens i did), they wouldn't give the kids treats if they didn't say please (but did give others treats), poured water into cups while kids were holding them - which led to 3 major spills, let the kids on the table - which i caught 2 who almost fell off, and didn't do much with singing time - the singing lady sang 3 slow songs in a row - NOT fun for little kids, and with no puppets or sticks or even actions no one was even paying attention.

It really was just a horrible experience for me - I left upset, physically exhasted, and totally understanding why Cash doesn't like it! Oh my nursery back hom in VA - how I wish I could transport you here - Erin Gibbons, I wish you were the teacher, or could at least show the nursery here how it should be done!

Since I don't want to go back ever how can I blame Cash for not wanting to?

On a happier note tho - Cash said his first prayer last week - it was So sweet, and each time he says one I get so happy. He just copies what I say - but he loves folding his arms, and loves shouting AMEN at the end!

I love all the little things he is picking up from our home!

2 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Oh, but you forgot to mention the gate.

Suzie Soda said...

Well. ....maybe you can make some suggestions in a nice way......not to the nursery leaders but to the primary president. i am sure they are not aware and are just learning. Give Cash a kiss for me. So cute on the prayer.....one of the fun parts of parenthood. xoxo