Monday, September 27, 2010

Epic Moments for the Browns

Cash has been saying "I bigger.....when I bigger, I like it" about numerous things - but the main one is that he doesn't like spicy foods - or if he thinks a food is too spicy he will say "too spicy, too spicy...i like it when i bigger...mommm like it!"

Well, this past week he informed me "i bigger mommy, i yike it...i yike salsa too!" He now eats it on his eggs, quesadillas, tacos, and other items we have - oh boy what a week will do!! I found tis hilarious!

The big moment, however, for us this past week was when we were pulling up to pre-school in the cab Cash said "mommy, i go to nursery all by myself....i bigger!" I didn't know what to think of this - it was out of the blue, and I didn't really believe it. However, he continued to tell us all week long he go to nursery by himself - he bigger - mommy and daddy go to their class, and he go to nursery....! We were all exctied for Sunday to come! On sunday morning, however, he wasn't as excited as before - in fact, i felt the apprehension in his voice and saw the worry in his eyes as we talked about it. I didn't think it was going to work. The entire taxi ride to church we talked about how i would be going to my class, daddy to his, and Cash to nursery - and then we would all meet up after! Well, as soon as Sacrament meeting ended - the tears began once again.

He cried and cried, saying "mommy come with me - mommy come wit me". So once again i ended up in there during sunday school - i tried to talk to him about me leaving, but each time he got worried and started to cry - when sunday school was over, however, it was time to switch and have daddy come in - and i told him that and he freaked out. This is not normally the case, and he was in my arms in a second, crying, no mommy, no mommy.....I was taking him out with me to find Chip - when Ashley came through the doors for singing time. He took one look at her, jumped out of my arms (literally)...and was jumping up and down saying "ashley, singing time....fun....it so fun...yeah!" He didn't care that I left, and I told Chip to see if he would start crying and stay close for his breakdown when he realized I wasn't there or Ashley left after singing time....but......................... (drumroll please)

HE NEVER STARTED CRYING AGAIN!
He stayed the entire 2nd hour by himself - he even saw me through the glass doors on his walk and didn't freak out and went back to nursey - and when i went to get him he was jumping up and down and so exctied to show me his picture and tell me nursery was fun....oh, and also that he wanted his Lilo and Stitch bag and M&Ms that i had promised if he went all by himself!(yes, i have resorted to bribery for this one)!

It was a great day and let's just hope next week is even easier!!!

My sweet nursery boy!

Griffin also turned 2 months and had some big stats at his appointment! He is a tough cookie too - barely crying at all during all his shots! We think he will probably outgrow Cash soon, as he already bypassed him with a few stats:
Weight: 11 lbs. 12 oz (Cash was 12 lbs. 11 oz at 2 months)
Height: 24.5 inchese (Cash was 24 inches - so already taller)
Head: 15 inches (Cash was definitely bigger - but don't have stat)

So anyways - we are loving little Griffin - and he is such a good and easy baby. He has the best schedule a mother could ask for - and has slept from 9:30 pm til 7 am every day for almost the past week! He is smiling, cooing, reaching for toys, loves snuggling, sleeping on his tummy on his hands, and is just so sweet! I love my little guy!
I can never manage to get him smiling at camera because the light on it causes him to squint and look serious usually - but here he is smiling at Cash!
I wanted to take pictures of these too all dressed up, but by the time i got both of their pants on and diapers changed Griff was tired and went to sleep - so instead they are just practice shots of the boys in their stripes and UG boots!
Best Buddies already!
A little blurry but love the little feet here
enough mommy - i want to sleep
My very sweet 2.5 month old!
Check that out!
cheese
what mommy?
"take a foto mommy....my hands in my pockets"

3 comments:

Adria said...

What adoreable boys. I love the coordinating outfits.

The Reichmans said...

ARe you ever moving back to america???? I miss you and hope to see you when you do pass thru Utah:) Those pics you posted of Kimmy are beautiful-I am glad the MRI didn't show anything, but it is too bad she still doesn't have an answers. HOpe you are doing well.

Tracy Peterson said...

Yay Cashy! I'm so glad he is getting used to nursery! I cannot wait to meet little Griffy! xoxo