Monday, September 20, 2010

Prayers for a Princess

Meet My Sister Kimmy:

Absolutely Beautiful...
Best little sister and daughter anyone could ask for...
A model as a child...
And a model as a teen...
Glowing, Radiant, gorgeous...
A brother's favorite little sis...
someone who knows how to have fun (and looks great w/ no makeup too)...
A loving aunti...
A hot dancer...
A gorgeous girl...
And the list of positives go on and on!!!

My little sister is has been my favorite and best friend since she was born. From the time she was little I loved dressing her up, doing her hair, taking her photo, shopping for her and trying clothes on her (still one of my favorite things to do with her), and just hanging out with her.

She is gorgeous, and I always joke about how I wish I could switch bodies with her so I could have her great figure, how I wish I looked more like her, and how sometimes I wish I could just be her! But she is my hero and I wish I was like her more than for just looks.

Kimmy is kind! She is generous! She is honest! She is smart! She is funny! She is witty! She is strong! She doesn't gossip! She doesn't get wrapped up in dumb HS stuff! She knows what is important! She knows she is a daughter of God! She is graceful and elegant! And above all she is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever known! For all these reasons, she is one of my idols!

Today she is getting an MRI because she has had headaches for the past month straight and nothing has been working to fix them. She is glad to get the tests done, but worried as to what the results might be. As a big sister I am worried for her too. Kimmy - we are praying for you this day, and know that Heavenly Father is watching over you....My prayer is everything will work out and you will be able to be free of your headaches soon and get back to your everyday life! If you know my sister, please keep her in your prayers too! We love you Kimmy - and you truly are my hero! I look up to you so much!
I love you more than you love me forever!

8 comments:

blindblogger said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your sister. She is beautiful! We hope all goes well today.

Phyllis said...

you made me cry. Especially voicing the hopes that I have. I appreciate your concern and prayers. Thanks Steph, for being the big sister she can look up to and emulate!!!!! Makes a mother happy to have TWO wonderful daughters!

Yvonne said...

Praying for Kimmy...she is darling and even more since she was out here visiting in NC ...WOW knockout photos. You two are so lucky to have this kind of love for each other as sisters. You are an amazing blogger and friend. Miss you and our heart to hearts being face to face, laugh to laugh, tear to tear Stephanie but glad we can still have them via online! Thanks for sharing your daughter and sister with me Phyllis and Kimmy I adore her!

Sandy said...

Hey Steph. Our prayers will be with Kimmy and the whole family today. Lots of love. Sand

Tracy Peterson said...

We are praying for you and your family. She is so lucky to have you as a big sis! You are amazing!

Kelly Anderson said...

i hope everything will be ok. love all my rosens.. and browns ;)

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Hope everything is okay. I'll keep her in my prayers. Do you have any info on the results yet? I feel like have haven't talked to you forever...been super busy with my family...My sisters and dad flew and and surprised me last week. We'll catch up soon.

Amy and Clark said...

Sending love and prayers.