Thursday, January 12, 2012

Di Dio's Italian Ice.......and my New Years Resolution!!!g

We discovered this awesome little Italian Ice shop just a block and a half away from our place the other day, and today we thought we would give it a try. When Griffin woke up we hopped in the stroller, and set off on a beautiful walk to the shop. We decided to go with Lime, Coconut, and Mango flavors....and the boys were excited to dig right in!!!

First taste = HEAVEN!!!

Griffin decided he better get his taste too!
What a great way to spend the afternoon with my boys!
I would say it was a hit!
He loved it, but was a little chilly at the end and even asked for a jacket, which is RARE for him!!!

Now what does this have to do with a New Year's Resolution you might ask? Well, I have basically only 1 (or really 2 I guess) New Year's Resolutions that I am focusing on this year. They are:
1: to be a better mom
2: to be a better wife

I have spent the past 3 months basically lying on the couch, not being as involved or doing all the fun things I have wanted, and I have thought a LOT about what I wish I were as a wife and mom, and told myself that when I started feeling better I would actually implement my thoughts into plans and take action and become what I want to be. I am not feeling totally great yet, and still have to usually have some down time from the nausea each day that this little girl inside me is causing, but for the times I am well, I plan on doing more things, and being more hands-on (if that is possible) for my kids. I want to plan activities and find things for us to go do, to experience, and to really get my hands dirty and play. It is often easy to turn the TV on, to let it be their entertainment or teacher or form of activity while I pursue my own project or interest, phone call, facebook, or text messages. And yet, I really don't want them to remember their childhood like this. I want them to have memories, memories of their mom doing fun things with them, teaching them, playing with them, going places, and experiencing life as a kid with them.

I am determined to get out and experience this great place we are in, even though I might not feel the best or be happy with how I look or even really feel like going in public at all, but I can't let that stop me and I don't want any regrets at the end of this year. Thus, this was our first little outing, and it was nothing big or spectacular, but we had fun talking watching the people go by, tasting a new yummy treat, and just getting out and trying something new. My little guys love to do new things and are happy for an adventure and I love the time I get each day with them - so here's to a year full of LOTS of fun memories!!!

2: to be a better wife is something I always want to be. At times I feel I am great and am really fulfilling my calling as a wife, but a LOT of times I am thinking about things I could do that would be better for my family, better for my husband. He does SO MUCH for our family, and is so patient with me, and I don't always feel that I am putting forth my 100% back and doing all I need to be. But I LOVE HIM MORE THAN ANYTHING, and I am so proud of all his accomplishments and the wonderful husband, father, and most of all best friend I could ever ask for to be on this journey of eternity with. I am especially hard to live with sometimes when I am pregnant, and this pregnancy I have felt even more hormonal, more emotional, more difficult to please, and yet he always comes home and asks me if I need a foot rub, or if I want something that he can go pick up for me, or taking the boys out so I can have some quiet hours to rest.......and as I have laid here so many days the past few months I have realized how much better I could be as a wife! I could be more loving, more patient, let the small things that don't matter slide, and most of all be more the wife I desire by just showing more charity and being completely unselfish. I plan on improving on my wife skills and making the moments I get with my hubby be memorable and ones we will cherish!!!

Here's to many a more Di Dio's Italian Ices and great mommy and wifeeee moments for this year!!!! What are your new year's resolutions?

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Love your ideas. You are such a great woman, Stephanie, with your heart in the right place. You do me proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Jardine said...

I agree with your momma, you are a great woman, mother and wife, keep pressing forward and know so many love and admire you. Congrats on a sweet baby girl! Glad you are having fun in ca, wish I were at the beach with you and the kiddos:) loves, Cade's