Friday, January 27, 2012

First Big Adventure: California Science Museum!

I did it - braved a museum and taking my 2 kiddos into downtown LA, finding the place, parking, and then chasing them around the 3 story place ALL alone!!! I was nervous, and not sure what to expect, since usually Griff goes one way and Cash wants to look at others, but we actually had a great time! Cash wanted to look at every thing and would have been happy to have me read every little caption that told what every thing was (he even does better in museums than I do), but with Griff running pel mel every which way we had to go a little faster. Surprisingly we survived, altho my feet were very tired and had a blister by the end. It was a pretty cool museum, and altho we didn't get many pictures Cash's favorite thing was watching the scuba diver in the tank pick up an eel and then point out the sharks to him! He was so excited. He also has been asking me about cells and how they are in our body non-stop! He is very concerned all the time if blood is still in his body, especially after falling down and scraping his new on the pavement yesterday too! Oh I love my little cautious Cashee!!!

Here he is on the turtle!
Both enjoyed the snowmobile too!!!


As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day - after naps we braved the beach too and met up with some old friends from Cville!!! The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast! Cash had a great time playing with Kate and "digging for treasure" as the water came in, and is much easier to watch at the beach since he is so cautious!!! He doesn't like the water to come too high on him! Griff, on the other hand, is a dare devil and just wanted to run straight into the ocean, not caring that it was cold or he might get swept away by a wave!!! I really have to have my hands on him at all time or I fear he will get washed away, but it was hilarious to see how much fun he had splashing and experiencing the ocean and also chasing the seagulls!!! When he wasn't trying to drown himself, the seagulls got all his attention. You have to watch the videos to fully experience how happy this kid was there. We had a great time and were all TIRED out by the end of the day!!!

Griff chasing the seagulls
The beautiful setting sun right as we were leaving!
My favorite beach runner going after the birds!

Running straight into the water after 1 seagull!!!


In the ocean, almost swept away, soaking mom and loving EVERY minute!!!

No comments: