Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting Off the New Year With Great News!!!

After way TOO many long weeks of being sick, wishing, hoping, and even praying at times for this little one joining us to be a girl (if of course it was supposed to be), and thinking about what 3 little ones at our house means - the day finally came where I could get an ultrasound and have what I thought already (or maybe was just hoping so much for) verified. I was shaking and SO nervous as I laid there waiting for the question to be answered.

Cash was sure it was a girl and has told everyone that from early on and that he would like to name her Jesse after the Jesse on Toy Story. Chip has said he thought it was a boy, but because he didn't want to get his hopes too high since he wanted a girl but he almost had me convinced a few weeks ago that it was too.....I had previously thought all along that it was a girl based on the pregnancy, the sickness, and all the other differences that this pregnancy has had. I kept telling myself tho that it was a 50/50 chance, and it might actually be another boy. (I LOVE my 2 boys and had it been that we would have been excited for another one..............even tho I really was hoping for a girl this time!) After the ultrasound tech in Charlottesville told me she thought it was a girl, but to come back in 3 weeks cuz she wasn't sure, I know my hopes were a little higher that indeed she was right!!!

I was so excited and overwhelmed and even shed a few tears this time when she said it was a girl! I had a friend tell me early on in this pregnancy when I was in my sickest days and didn't think I could make it that "it had to be a girl because only a girl would be this high maintenance!" I have thought of this numerous times when feeling down and hoping that it was a girl and although I know I am in for a ride and girls are definitely different than raising little boys I feel so extremely lucky and blessed to be getting the chance to raise a daughter! I always pictured myself with both sons and daughters and I am grateful for the gift of this little girl coming into our home!!! Now for a name........anyone got a favorite girl name???

I wish I had gotten more pictures of how we told my family, but only got a few after the fact. We got a bunch of pink balloons, some with "It's a Girl!" on them, and some with polka dots and some plain - I had them all filled with helium and put them into 2 big black garbage bags. Then we drove up to our Romans family party at Cynthias. After dinner we had a fun candybar game where everyone was sitting in a big circle - as soon as it was over I brought in the bags and said I had a game for the kids to play and asked them to open the bags. They got them open and the balloons went floating up. Some caught on immediately, while others didn't get it until we explained it, so it was actually quite funny! However, in the end everyone got the news and the kids had a blast with the balloons!

Chip and I and the boys couldn't be more excited!!!

Cash is excited too, even if he doesn't look it!

And Griff loved playing with the balloons too, even if he didn't get what it was all for!
Can't wait to see our little princess in a few months!

6 comments:

Missy Elmer said...

Yay!!! So excited for the Brown Family! You're going to have to change your blog title now! Love you!

Adria said...

Wahooo! You got your girl. I'm so happy to get to do all your girlie stuff with her. Hope you're feeling better. BTW, I'm doing great on HCG.

Brent and Britta said...

Yay! You get your girl!! I'm so happy for you! I was nervous about raising a girl too, but they are so sweet! Congratulations! Ps- we almost named our girl Emery (I'll allow you to steal it! ;)

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you Steph!! I know how much you wanted a girl. It is fun having both. You will love shopping for her. I really liked the name you told me last week. The balloons was a cute idea.

Heather said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Christian and Stephanie said...

Yay! so excited for you guys! congrats!