Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Craziest thing YET in China...........

So as of Sunday afternoon I was just VERY VERY VERY grateful to arrive home from church safely! We had the craziest ride home ever!

The cab driver FELL ASLEEP while driving us!

What? you might ask. You are Kidding! No way! those were all my responses too as I sat in the back seat, watching his eyes close and head bob, watching the road as we were swerving in and out of lanes, braking when there was no one ahead of us, going slower then every other car on the road as his foot slid off the gas pedal....it was So crazy!

He would sit up and lean forward like he was looking at the front of the car, to try to wake himself up I am sure....i know i have used this trick before - but with the 98 degree heat and no AC and probably long LONG shift for him it wasn't working. Finally, as I was really sure he had dozed off and was scared for my life and my family's I told Chip to talk to him and wake him up.

Chip grabbed his arm and said "hey man are you awake" - of course he didn't understand a single word Chip said, but the jolt on the arm seemed to wake him up and we just kept saying stuff and being loud to try to keep him awake the rest of the way home - luckily at that point it wasn't too far! WAY SCARY!!!

Hope that never happens again - luckily for us traffic wasn't so bad at this time - it was really wild! Can't wait to be behind my own wheel and not rely on others to get us safely places while not wearing seatbelts! Buckle up ya'll, and just be grateful you actually can!

2 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

I am curious to see how many more posts you can make with that same blog post title! You sure will come home with a collection of stories to remember and share! Just remember to come home alive :)

Suzie Soda said...

That is way too scary! BE CAREFUL! xoxoxo