Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Gave In.....and now NEVER want to Go Back!

When we first got here we thought about getting an Ayi (chinese nanny/cleaner). I did a post on how I decided against it because I am a stay-at-home mom and don't need someone else to raise my child!

However, Chip finally convinced me about a month ago that it would be very helpful to me to have someone come just to clean the floors and deep clean the bathrooms for me every week, as bending down is just getting harder and harder!

I agreed it would be helpful and nice since our floors get dirty daily, and decided to give it a try!

This is probably the luxury I will miss the MOST when we return to the states.

Our cleaning lady is simply AWESOME!!!
She comes every Tuesday and Friday and does the following:
cleans ALL the floors (as in hands and knees scrubbing our ENTIRE place)
Dusts and washes windows
Waters all our plants
Deep cleans the bathrooms, including the showers!
Does the dishes if there are any!
Folds any laundry that needs it
Irons anything I have and want done
Puts the laundry away (this isn't always a blessing as I was looking for a particular shirt one day for 15 minutes - think I will NOT have her do this any more)
Vacuums the rugs
Takes out the trash
Even dumps out Cash's dead fish and cleans the fishbowl!

And all this for less than $15/week! Can you believe it? SHe is here about 3 hours each day, so 6-8 hours total - and we only pay about 100 rmb a week!

I actually feel bad and try to pay more sometimes - but they won't accept it! It is highway robbery I know - but hey - i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

It gives me lots more time to spend having fun with Cash and resting in these last few weeks before baby #2 comes, and Chip comes home to a clean house and a happy wife!

Win Win! Wish I could find one of these in these for my house in VA!

5 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

I am GREEN with envy!!! That must be like heaven! Chip gets some MAJOR husband points for "convincing" you to be spoiled! Lucky girl!

merathon said...

jealous! so are you moving back to VA?

Lisa said...

It sounds like the perfect life! I have two piles of laundry that I should be folding right now. I am glad you get a break from all that.

韋富 said...

好文章給人的感覺就是很好,謝謝您~~ .................................................................

Rian Krommenhoek said...

I know. How did we ever survive before Ayi's? How will we ever manage back in the states without them? There are some really great things about China.