Saturday, June 19, 2010

It FINALLY HAPPENED! Cab Driver hit a biker!

So I couldn't resist posting this, altho see below post and add email to be added to our private list!

However, we were driving today to the silk market for our branch scavenger hunt activity. Cash and I were in one cab and Chip and the ayi and Kees and Coy were in another one. My driver was accelerating and I saw a biker start to pull out into the street. Of course, he laid on the horn for about 10 seconds, and didn't even begin to brake at all, and as we got closer I thought we are really gonna hit this guy crossing the road!

Sure enough - BAM! We hit the front edge of the bike, the bike slams into the side of the car, and the guy goes sailing as if parachuting over the car, lands on his feet but starts to stumble and falls onto the ground. He got up quickly, and appeared all right, and the craziest part ever?

Yeah, our driver didn't even slow down or stop or anything to see if he was all right or get the bike. Nothing. Seriously? I was saying to myself - but then, "Oh wait, this is Beijing and nothing is normal here so pretty much shouldn't be surprised"!

Luckily for the biker there wasn't another car on the other side of us or he would have been in really bad shape. Hope he looks out better next time he rides!

Things never cease to amaze me here - altho when we got there and were talking we were all surprised no one has already had this happen earlier - what a crazy place!

2 comments:

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Yikes! Hey here is my email so I can be invited to keep in touch with you! Margaretolson28@gmail.com

The Reichmans said...

That is slightly scary-my email
anniereichman@gmail.com