Friday, June 11, 2010

Pooping in Trees....

Could NOT resist posting what happend the other day. For picture to help with story see picture in previous post with trees planted a little off the ground outside our apartment - with marble seating area around it!

Well, last week we spent a LOT of time just letting Cash run around these trees while I tried to get a little rest in the shade of them since he was sick and we couldn't go many other places. He loved just running around them in the grass and playing.

2 days while coming back from Wal-Mart (the chinese one) we were walking and I saw and AYI out with a little girl - she had her pants down and as I got closer I realized......she was having her "poo poo" (as they say here) right underneath the very tree we had previously been playing under the day before! Gross! No wonder that we are sick here huh?

With all the unsanitary things they have their kids do here - such as peeing in the sandboxes, wearing the split pants around, etc etc airborne illnesses run rampant here in the summer - I am grateful for sanitary conditions of the US and not having these types of experiences normally!

However, as I walked inside i was actually chuckling to myself at just how different it really is here, and the many things we have been fortunate/or unfortuanate as it may be, to experience. A total adventure, and when I look at it like that I smile and can find happiness in this journey!

Today was cooler and Cash and I walked a half hour to a friends house to play. Altho humid, the breeze felt great and I was happy to just be gettin gout and for the exercise. On our walk we saw an older gentlman wearing the split pants (sometime I will get a picture of this), tons of little kids in split pants, and a woman wearing a see-through white skirt with NO underwear on!

What a unique experience it is each day - always something to surprise us!

2 comments:

Adria said...

Yuck. That's all I can say. Oh! the adventures you're having.

Tracy Peterson said...

That is so gross! Hurry and come home! We miss you!