Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NOTE to Nurse: This arm bruise is NOT my fault!


The bruise on my wrist was the 1st attempt the nurse did to take my blood and stick IV in! I knew it was a problem when I heard her say "oh no", to which the other nurse said "move it around and see if you get it".........uh NO!!! Take it out! They did, and she said they needed to try another place.

She decided between elbow and wrist would be best. She got all ready and said veins looked good (normally nurses don't miss)...Anyways, as you can see from that monstrous bruise she missed - she thought she had it, and then said - "oh no, i pushed it right through".....uh NO! NOT AGAIN - that is NOT what I wanted to hear!

After this she apologized a TON and I actually felt bad for her and then she said she was going to have someone else do it the thrid time on the top of my hand! That one hurt, but actually took so finally - the pain over for a while! (until i go into labor again that is)!

Today at my appointment the nurse checking my weight and blood pressure asked how I got the bruises - I told her and she said "you need to hold a compress on them next time for 5 minutes when she takes it out" as if it were my fault! hello - this happened because the nurse missed, not because anything i did - she did apply pressure when she took the needles out!

Anyways - not much happening at the appointment - i had dropped 3 more lbs...only dilated 1/2 centimeter more, and the Dr. said that the baby was getting big and next week when I come in I could be induced at 38 weeks!

I just hope to make it through tomorrow when Chip is out of town for the day! After that - come anytime - since I have been having contractions regularly now since last saturday...next week seems like a ways if I have these going on 24/7!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Gross bruises but you look dang tough!! Good luck this week!! What is the name again??

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh my word...you weren't exaggerating! That thing is massive. you poor girl. They better get it right the first time next time. hope it heals well soon!

Brent and Britta said...

holy crap I would be so pissed! Your poor arm! Hang in there with those contractions! Miss you!

Weed Family said...

GOOD LUCK! I am so sorry about your arm but you should be feeling good about how GOOD you LOOK! You are amazing. I can't wait for baby boy to come. love ya!

Suzie Soda said...

Good Luck! Send am email out a soon as he is born. Do we know a name yet? xoxoxo

The Reichmans said...

Stephie, I hope you get to have a very calm delivery after the last experience-you deserve it. I hope he comes soon. I was asking kim the day about names you were deciding on and I liked both of them. Good luck over the next little bit

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

LOVE YOU!