Sunday, March 27, 2011

I LOVE BOYS!!!!


I think when I was made the Lord new I was meant to be with boys!
I was put in a family with 4 brothers and a great dad, where I learned to love sports, wrestle, tease, be teased, be a tomboy, LOVE sports, be sarcastic, hike, camp, eat a LOT of food, and hold my own when it comes to sports talk.

So when I was pregnant with Cash and found out I was having a boy I was actually relieved in a lot of ways. I know how to do boy. I felt confident I could handle it! Upon finding out I was pregnant with boy #2 I figured I had things down and the thought came to me that maybe I am meant to be a mom of all boys?! Although I would love to have a little girl someday, to dress up in bows and frills and dresses, and pass on my love of dance and design and share girl talk moments with someday, I must say I am just really REALLY enjoying being the queen of the roost and having ALL boys in my house! It is comforting, and over the past weekend while attending Cash's first (of what I hope to be many sporting events) soccer game and watching him run around and have so much fun, I realized how much I have to look forward to and how fun life with boys really is! We went from there to watching the NCAA tourny, getting pizza and wings, drinking sodas and having treats, and just enjoying life - I must say - I am at home with the boys! And I am just loving it!

Here are my 3 boys enjoying dinner and watching the NCAA tourny! (don't worry Grammy Cash is just drinking the rootbeer!)

I realize also that child #2 sometimes gets ignored by the camera for things and Griffin is NO exception. Back on Halloween when we blessed him I forgot to take ANY pictures of him in his blessing outfit! Yep - that is correct - he has ZERO pictures in the cute outfit Grandma Betty made him. So today, upon finding out that church was cancelled for the snow that is nonexistent outside, and getting a clean griffin bundled in a towel I decided maybe I should just try to squeeze him in a get a few pics late - better late than never, right? And another great quality of being a boy is he probably won't even care that I forgot to do this earlier or really appreciate that I tried to do it late anyways! Another boyish thing - not usually as senitmental as girls - but anyways - here is my cute little Griffi Grew at 8.5 months old and squeezing into his little blessing outfit we blessed him in at 3.5 months old!

Notice the pants are a bit short - and the arms on the coat too!
I know this is blurry but this picture actually looks like me as a baby (i think) so wanted to put it in
I barely could squeeze his long feet into these, that when we blessed him were so big I had to pretty much tie them on! They were his chinese item that I wanted to have him wear to symbolize his birth there and be a special thing for his treasure box!
The bottom of the shoes - doesn't it just look chinese-ish?
Well, enough mom - i would rather play with the shoe!
still sweet and innocent!
I LOVE this one!
Such a cute boy!
He is happy - even squeezed into this outfit that I almost had to rip the little cumberbun off to get him in it! (and it is NOT buttoned in the back!)
Chip gave him such a nice blessing - at least I have written down what was said in it from that day and the memories of it even if the pics are late - but aren't they such a cute pair?
Cash was feeling left out so he joined - and yes I know he is blurry in this one but Griff had a great expression so had to post it!
here is the 3 loves of my life - I TRULY am so blessed to live with these 3 boys!
Here you see how small his tails are!
I got these at the chinese market and thought they were the most boyish of the shoes and perfect for the occasion!


I wanted to include a few pictures from Cash's first game too - he was SO excited to get his jersey, and yet that didn't happen - but that makes him very easy to spot in his blue adidas suit!
It was freezing - literally - and yet he was the only kid not complaining of being cold, and in fact took off his jacket and wanted to just run around in his t-shirt and only put it back on because daddy told him if he didn't he would have to go in the car! It is just way too cute watching the kids and seeing how much fun they have. As soon as we were finished and in the car Cash said "I want to go play baseball now - can we?" Hmm.....think we are going to be going to LOTS more sporting events for this guy! I am one lucky mama!

Getting warmed up by huddling in the goals!
Getting ready to kick to the person across from them - GREAT IDEA!!!
Team Huddle - Brr....

I am loving life right now, and am just content with being amongst boys at home. And just in case our next little baby happens to be a boy - I already have a name picked out that I love! (altho that won't be for quite some time because NO i am not prego!)

Anyways, a short clip of Griffin included in his little outfit! Now, off to play "water guns" and build a fort with my boys! (aka nerf guns)

2 comments:

hillary and britton said...

your boys sure are cute! I think it's great you took pics in Griffin's outfit-and you're right, he'll just be happy to have a picture

Shawn and Megan said...

I love the pictures! Griffy still looks adorable in his blessing outfit, and I can't wait to go to Cash's soccer game. Oh, and you're right, boys are the best :)