Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cash's cute little understandings!

I need to write these little things down, mostly for myself so that I don't forget, and since this blog is my journal of sorts, I decided to post them here.

Yesterday we were at a baseball game. Our friends boys were playing and the oldest boy had to leave early to go to cubscouts. Cash and Griff and I decided to leave too because we were cold and ready to get home. As we were leaving, Hale got his snack before he left. His little brother Pierce started to cry and cried the entire walk to the car because he wanted the snack too. Cash said to him "Pierce, what's wrong?" Pierce didn't respond, just kept crying, and Cecia informed Cash that he was crying because he wanted the snack. Cash said "i am not crying tho. I don't have one but I am not crying. It's ok. We have other snacks at my house, tho. We have car snacks and other cookies." Then, as if the light popped on, Cash said "Pierce, would you like some car snacks, I have some.....get them out please mom!" Ok, I thought, we'll see what he does. (he loves these snacks and normally doesn't even want to give me just one fruit snack.) However, I got them out and gave them to Cash and he said - "Here, Pierce - you want these snacks - they are different tho - but really good!" Pierce looked over, stopped crying, and grabbed the snacks. My little angel was beaming. I told him it was so nice for him to share with Pierce and he said "i am a good sharer mom - he stopped crying, see!" It was so sweet it brought me almost to tears, especially since it had been one of those days where at home he wasn't so nice to Griffin, Sammy, or me - and yet here he had shared and been so sweet on his own! I asked him how he felt inside - and he said "i feel good! REALLY REALLY good!" I told him it was so nice to share and off we went - each leaving in our own cars to go our separate ways. I was so proud, and wanted to really make a special deal of how great it was - so we went to Chic-file, and Cash got a strawberry shake to celebrate how nice it is to share! Then we went home! I love my sweet hearted little boy!!!

When things get a little too quiet and there seems to be a lull in talking at our house, Cash will say "mom?" I will respond (sometimes less than enthusiastic) "what cash?" Then every time he says "I just love you mom! I just love you!" I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing it - and although I hear it probably at least 100 times per day, I love him more with each time too!
He is always telling me I am pretty and that he loves me! What a great little 2 year old! He will definitely be a ladies man one day :)

Cash has a little friend named Karas that he just LOVES!!! At soccer, he asks each time if she will be there, and spends the whole practices with her and every where we go he asks if Karas will be there - yesterday I told him we would be seeing Karas at the Fiesta we were going to today - he looked up and said "is Karas in my ward mom?" Yes, I responded, but then decided to question him further - "what is a ward Cash?" He looked back and said "it is where Jesus lives. Jesus was resurrected - that means he lives again! Jesus is nice!" Wow - the things my little one has learned - bless those primary teachers!

It is amazing to me how vast his vocabulary and knowledge of things is. He is so smart and although I tell him sometimes I wish he could stay little forever - to which he responds that he can't because he needs to get bigger so he can play baseball! - I do love hearing what he has learned and getting a little glimpse into his world from the talks we have!

I love him with all my heart, and can't imagine not having him in my life to keep me on my toes each day!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

great stories. I hope you keep putting on the fun things Cash says.