Thursday, May 26, 2011

Turning the BIG 3-0!!!

So it was a BIG year for me for a birthday this year!!!
Going from the roaring 20's and moving into the TERRIFIC 30s on May 15, 2011!!!
It couldn't have been any better of a weekend!!!


Chip went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything expected to make sure my whole weekend was awesome! And boy did he deliver!!! Thank you babe for the BEST birthday surprise EVER!!!

He surprised me and flew my parents, and 2 of my brothers out to be with us!!!
It was so fun to have them here and get to spend a little time with them. He knows I have been going through family withdrawals after not being able to go home in March, and having no trips planned as of now as to when we will be heading to Utah soon - so it was perfect. My brother Stan I haven't seen since Christmas of 2009, so that was a real treat and he got to meet Griff for the first time. Kevin got to stay the whole week, so that was fun, and it was sure great to get to have my parents here to celebrate my 30 years of life with me too!

What a great birthday! Wow! I felt spoiled.

Cash was excited to see my brothers too - and Stan became his new buddy!!!
Griff didn't quite know how to react from all the chaos of everyone showing up! But he warmed up quick too!
Cash was telling them so much - he pretty much never stopped talking to his uncles the whole time they were here!
The first thing he showed them was his new icecream play-dough set! Pretty cool treat huh?
Then we fed the boys and headed off to drop them at the babysitters so we could enjoy a meal at Bonefish Grill (one of my favorites)!
My mom was always snapping photos, so here is me after the inital surprise! I couldn't stop smiling after that!
We all had the best meals at Bonefish - it never disappoints!
Stan liked it too!
My parents look pretty awesome for having a 30 year old daughter - right!?!
Grammy got to spend time with her grandkids who she LOVES!
Cash was excited to be with uncle tevin! (Kevin)
When he first saw him he told him he had been dreaming of him already today!
Cash liked waking the uncles up in the morning!
Grandpa and Griffin had a special bond and he was always happy when he was with him!
Playing with play-dough on my birthday morning....or rather picking it up!
We had a delicious breakfast of eggs and potatoes that Chip cooked, and then it was present time!
What is it mommy?
Just what I hoped for - Sparkly silver Toms!
Check out those kicks!
More goods - my family hooked me up with lots of gifts!
Kevin using the wrapping paper as a hat!
Now Stan's turn - entertaining the nephews!
More gifts!
Cash debuting my Toms!
Then it time to get ready to go to church!
All spruced up!
Look here!
Cash loves his Grammy!
After church Chip made Cafe Rio chicken and pork burritos -he did the ENTIRE meal, and Greg and Suzie came down to eat with us. While we were waiting I took the boys and Grammy on a walk around a neighborhood by us --- super pretty day!
Stan and Cash and uncle Greg!
Aunt Suzie - she came bearing gifts too - so lucky for us! (Cash LOVES that book you gave us!!!)
escaping the camera!

It was great to catch up and visit with the Romans! We don't see them often enough for how close we live!
Griff getting held by Kev!
Chillaxin!
Suzie told more great stories - can't you tell by my face?!
And Chip surprised me with a HUGE gift of his own - a brand new Bernina Serger!!!! Man he is good at picking out gifts for me!
Stan stayed an extra day and got more reading time in with Cash!

Kevin got to take the boys on lots of walks all week and here they all had their green shirts on!
Although the surprise wasn't quite a TOTAL surprise, meaning that Chip had to spill to me a little bit that Kevin was coming, and then I sort of figured the rest by little details that my mom or Chip slipped on the Saturday they came.....it was still a big surprise and SO MUCH FUN!

Thanks for making the start to my next year so much fun!
I think the 30's will be great!!!

3 comments:

Erin Gibbons said...

Hey I just found yoru blog through the Evans, what a great birthday weekend you had! That's so fun. I hope you have a great summer! Oh by thE way, I saw your gchat the other day, NYC is great so far! Our blog is sheanerin at blogspot and hopefully I'll be updating about our adventures soon. For some reason it takes me forever to get anything done on the computer these days though!

Lily said...

super fun bday steph!! glad you had some great surprises and good times with your fam. we need to visit soon and we'll bring a chocolate cake and celebrate more:)

Lisa said...

Happy 30th Steph!! It looks like you had an awesome birthday. What a fun surprise to have your famiy come visit. Your Dad told me how excited Cash was when they showed up. You look great and your hair is so long. Love ya and miss you!