Friday, May 27, 2011

Splash Pad Summer!!!

Guess where we will be spending our days this summer?
At this wonderful Splash pad park!!!
It is awesome - with all these fun things shooting water every which way for the kids to play and cool off, TONS of big trees that provide shade over all the benches surrounding the areas, 2 big pavillions with tables for BBQs or picnics, 2 playgrounds with swings and slides and other fun toys to play on, and a huge grassy area perfect for my little boy who loves to pick up sticks and use them as swords and play pretend to run free!!!
Best of all - we get to enjoy the water without the worry of 1 of my boys drowning, and it is exactly 1 mile from my house!!! SUUUUWWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

We have already been 3 times in the past 2 days. So here's to kicking off our 90 degree weather in a fun way!!!

A view of some of the water sprayer things!

Cash LOVES running around and going in them all, altho still won't get under the waterfall.....yet at least!

The more mild ones he seems to like better!
As I said, he loves finding sticks and using them as swords!

This little smiley boy is happy to be out and about too! He can sit and splash and enjoy along with the other kids, and he LOVES this sippy cup with a straaw!
Let's go get in the water mom!

Cash actually running through - already better on day 2 then the first time....he is a little cautious at first always! (think he gets that from me!)

Griffin found something to entertain himself!
Look what I got mom!
The drain is pretty cool!

Running while the crazy sprinkler was off...2 seconds later he got a big surprise!
My 2 cute boys playing together!

Lucy and Bennett joined us yesterday night and this morning and the kids all had a great time!

Running around works up an appetite - and boy were those pretzels good!!!

Would love to have others join with us - let me know if you want to come too!
We will be going daily!
I know I might be crazy, but I am actually considering walking there each day - 2 miles of walking insane hills - that should help me get in better shape right?!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

We will be there! We're just out of town this weekend. :)

Matthew and Hailey said...

So fun! If I come to Charlottesville I will call you so that I can come too! Hope that you had a wonderful birthday!

Shawn and Megan said...

Reading this made me miss you guys even more :( 10 weeks is seeming really long right now!