Saturday, April 18, 2009

I DID IT!!!

OK, so I have a goal to run at least one 1/2 marathon within the year that I have a baby! Today was Cash's 8 month birthday, and I completed the Charlottesville half marathon! It was an absolute beautiful day to run, but there were a LOT of hills, and I definitely am not as young and spry as the last time I ran one of these! However, I ran almost the whole way, even UP the hills, and am happy to cross that goal off my list for 2009! Pictures to come soon!

My favorite part: rounding the last corner and seeing my mom and baby waving and cheering me on at the finish line! My family is visiting for Spring Break and what a treat to have the extra cheerleaders and support! Thank you family, and hubby for signing me up!

7 comments:

heather telford photography said...

SO AWESOME!! YOU ROCK!!

Brent and Britta said...

I am so proud of you!

Lindsey said...

I am so happy for you and that you stuck to it!! How fun your family is in town, I didn't know they were visiting! We haven't talked in way too long!!

Suzie Soda said...

Good job! You looked so cue yesterday. We enjoyed having you all come down. xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Very impressive! Keep up the good work! You inspire us all!

Nikki said...

Great job! Wish I could say the same!

merathon said...

congrats! i'm glad you felt good. i did a marathon when #2 was 6 months old and it was HARD and now with #3, she's 9 months and there will be NO racing... When will i feel good again? hopefully when i'm done nursing!