Monday, April 20, 2009

Missing These Guys Already!!!


My family came to visit and it went way TOO fast!!! We had a blast hanging out, hiking, touring, shopping, playing games, etc etc. Love these guys!


Sam and Cash upon arrival!


Hanging out before our first adventure!


Touring at Montpelier


Goofing off at the Temple at Montpelier


Family photo


Discovery: Cash HATES sitting on grass!

Being rescued by Grammy

Walking around Montpelier grounds



Garden tour


At our house before our big hike!

Cash and me before the hike!

Ready to go........not knowing what we are in for!

Halfway there - and boy it was steep!

At the top of Humpback Rock! What a view! A little scary since it drops straight down behind us!


Cash conked out 2/3 the way back down the mountain


Enjoying picnic in the park afterwards to relax! (notice Cash has a blanket since he hates sitting on grass)


My 2 biggest fans after the race was over: it was the best experience turning the corner and seeing Grammy and Cash cheering me on! Thank you family for all the support and cheers! It was great to have you all there! (The last time i ran one of these was in the year 2000!)
and yes, I know I am looking great all sweaty and gross! It was 76 degrees and I just ran 13.2 miles - come on!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Congrats on finishing! I am training for mine :( Sans lack of motivation or drive...it is an adventure!! It looks like you had fun with your family!

Suzie Soda said...

great pictures. xoxoxo

The Reichmans said...

Yea on your half marathon!!!!-I feel your pain literally since i ran one a couple weeks before. I cried when I saw Pete and Ryan at the end. Too bad we don't live by each other so that we could have run it together.

MYHowderFamily said...

You don't look gross! Way to go girl! Love the pictures of your family in Utah! Looks like you had a great time.

Louise Durham said...

I was just at montpelier! It's so beautiful there. Congrats on the half marathon. Safe to say I will never do one of those. Sounds like torture for me. But great job! Hey I don't know if you ever read my comment a few posts ago, but I was wondering where you got Cash's cute crib bedding. I am on the prowl!

Louise Durham said...

ps,
this is margaret not my mom!!

Cruze Family said...

Steph I think that last 1/2 in 2000 we did together! Wow I have not done one since either- how sad I need your encouragement I guess! congrats and cash sure is cute!

Iris Arredondo Whitlock said...

Way to go ..you look great! Can't believe how fast Cash is growing too..

Loquacious Leslie said...

You are amazing Steph! Congratulations on finishing your goal! I think you and your mom are the most goal oriented people I know-keep up the good work!