Thursday, April 2, 2009

Great Souvenirs

I remember as a child being so excited for my parents to come home from a trip, just so I could see what treasures they had brought for me: whether it was a shirt from Hawaii, some shells from the beach, a postcard from a foreign land, a necklace from a quaint little shop along the way, etc. etc.

However, NONE of my gifts were anything like what my little sister has received over the past year. For some reason, my family members seem to have forgotten I am still a member and I get left off of every list they make when they go on their trips. My sister, as the youngest member and still at home, seems to benefit greatly! The presents have gotten so much better than anything I ever received, including an awesome set of pearls from China from Kevin (I am still gonna kyphe that ring someday muchi), a cute scarf from San Fran from my dad, a cute scarf from Alex from Columbia, some other cute jewelry from my mom from one of her many trips, etc. etc.

I am starting to see how many benefits being the youngest really has. Oh, and I forgot to mention all the stuff she got from me when she came to visit and we went shopping! (altho that had a lot of benefits for me too - as it was my idea and I had a blast picking stuff out for her cute school wardrobe!) Anyways, sometimes I wish they would remember me when they are on their fun vacations and that I would receive a cool souvenir!

Alas it probably won't be that way, but they have started to get things anywhere and everywhere (even at home) for someone else I know. And this has been great fun. You see, there is another member of the family who has become the center of the universe to us all! He is what every conversation revolves around, every gathering is spent looking at, everyone wants to hold and play with, and is the centerpiece at every dinner! He is our cute little son Cash! And he is now the new benefactor of everyone's souvenirs when they go on trips! So thank you everyone for the many little outfits, toys, and other souvenirs we have gotten (except the one that gave me a heart attack and I had to throw away to avoid future tearful moments)!
We do appreciate and have so much fun seeing what his presents are.........and I guess I can just be content to be happy watching him get all "my" souvenirs from you guys!


Kevi - this one is for you! Kevin and Papa Dave picked out a chinese outfit in china town in San Fran for Cash! He absolutely LOVES it - although it is still pretty big (everywhere but the neck, which now is too small to button)! I think he loves the silky material, because everytime I put it on he just gets so happy, smiling and laughing and touching the fabric!

I tried to get a full length shot....but need to have someone hold him standing up tho!

Ok, I will look for the picture.....and hold still for a second!

Yummy, I really am hungry can we just go eat breakfast?

Yes!!!! Finally, now for some real food! (i FINALLY got him a high chair - love it!)



For my mom's 50th birthday her and my dad went to CABO for a week! Boy I was jealous! They brought Cash back this cute little outfit - how cute you are my little muchacho!!!

His SERIOUS look!

love his eyelashes, which just seem to grow longer and longer every day!
lounging, and the full outfit effect (not so soft of material tho)

loved this, and he was standing up on his own here against the pillows.......next second he fell completely over and rolled onto the bed!
good thing it was a soft landing!




Then, Beth sent us a binky she found for Cash for St. Patty's Day! She had bedazzled it up especially for Cash, with a "dollar sign" out of rhinestones and rhinestones around the side of it --- perfect for "cash money", as we sometimes call him! He loves that too! We were cracking up when we got this - way too funny!

Love that dollar sign - way too funny!

Enjoying Mr. Binks (the name for all of his binkies)


Thanks to all for the many great gifts!!! And hey, next time you are out Cash would REALLY LOVE some pretty jewelry, cute scarf, or yummy chocolates!!!

3 comments:

Adria said...

Those outfits are hilarious and sooo cute. Don't tell Chip, but Cash looks like a girl in them. :)

Suzie Soda said...

Funny post. He will love it someday when you show him the outfits you put him it. ...and the binky is right tup my alley. xoxoxoxo

Kimmy Shimmy Jr. said...

alex didn't get me a scarf from columbia...he got me a necklace! :D