Saturday, July 24, 2010

Becoming Chinese...with a sore back!!!


So ALL over China you see people packing bags on their back, with huge bundles on their bikes, etc etc. I have always marveled at how people can carry around so much or pack that much onto a bike and still manage to get places!

Well today I had my first trip to Wal-Mart by myself - which means I didn't take the stroller! I didn't think anything of it at first, until I looked down at my car in the checkout line and realized that I had over 8 gallons of liquid alone, not including all my other items!

I had to lug it in the bag (with 2 of the drinks in my other hand to lighten the load on the one side) all the way back to my place - i was really hurting by the time I walked in the door! What a workout - I think if I keep doing this I would shrink a few inches soon too! Also, I realize I like taking Cash with me and his stroller - it wasn't the same (altho a lot faster)! It wasn't as fun tho!
As he would say - "i mees Cash!"

Anyways, it was a good workout and a good warmup before my gym trip 10 minutes later - which was great! Felt so good to be on the treadmill without a baby in my tummy!"

However, I don't plan on lugging more groceries home like that again!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

you gotta slow down girl! Already on the treadmill after two weeks? And lugging all that stuff from the grocery store? Makes me tired just thinking about it! That baby is super cute though! Congrats! From the Bennetts

Tracy Peterson said...

You are one tough chick!

Debsie Doodle said...

Wow, you are so adventurous! It sounds like you're having some great experiences there. When do you guys come back to the USA? What brought you there?